PDA

View Full Version : Helping cave critters no longer gives character experience

drbubblesps4
05-22-2018, 07:57 AM
From the patch notes: Helping cave critters no longer gives character experience (but still gives reliquary experience.)

Why make this change? During the stream they said these would give character experience so you’d still be able to level up characters while doing this tedious grind. Now that’s gone and even less reason to suffer through the new mode. I’d like to know why this is being changed, are you trying to make it even less rewarding because this is just another reason to not even bother with the new mode.

INN3R_C4L4M1TY
05-22-2018, 08:24 AM
I'd like to make another point. This doesn't just make people less likely to bother with Geode in general. It makes people who do Geode less likely to bother to help Critters. I mean, aside from wanting to not feel like a terrible person, why would anyone help them now? They give lesser crystal caches, which are practically worthless, they fill up reliquaries, which take way longer to open than they do to fill anyway, and now they don't even give character exp. I mean, I don't know about everyone else, but I stopped helping most critters after finishing the golden thread quest that makes you do it. That isn't because I'm trying to be a bad person. It's because if you stop to help a critter, someone else is going to run ahead and take all the good loot. From a gameplay standpoint, helping critters costs resources, wastes your time, wastes your gas, doesn't give you anything of value, and makes you less likely to get good loot on a run. There need to be better rewards for helping critters or no one is going to do it.

drbubblesps4
05-22-2018, 08:36 AM
Also really good points. I don’t get why they’re making it less rewarding when they need to make more rewarding

Mandibles
05-22-2018, 03:49 PM
I was thinking about this when I ended up logging out for the night with 255 crystal caches. Opening them all is a pain but... it will potentially cause utter chaos during the 'box opening' weekly contest. I kind of want to see the insanity caused by this, but it'll probably be changed before Live.