PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback] Geode Update Tier 1-2

Uproared
05-20-2018, 08:34 PM
The quests and gathering of the following resources acrobat bark, cave birds and cogwine get extremely repetitive and tedious. I believe this can be fixed by increasing the amount you can find in each cave by a little or decreasing the needed amount for crafting items and quests. Also going into the caves and going through a path someone already took the resources you needed, needs to be fixed somehow maybe make them respawn or something. That's about it other than these it seems this update is somewhat decent so far.

TheDeadEye
05-21-2018, 05:50 AM
Yes! When this hits live, it'll be a nightmare trying to get mats and resources. Please let us generate solo (or club-only) worlds.

Medont
05-21-2018, 07:34 AM
Today was the same situation. I re-entered the new world three times and only managed to overtake the others and take resources to myself only in the fourth world.
Why can not we make ore and plants - personal for everyone? this update again gives advantage to multi-accounts.

Wrz
05-21-2018, 07:50 AM
Agreed. I've yet to find a single cave bird yet. I've found only 1 Cogwire. I often find only crystals in my path.

Brayer
05-21-2018, 09:12 AM
And here is the biggest problem I can see with this update and why I will be avoiding Geode for the 1st few days because its going to be a nightmare if this continues.

With the vast amount of stuff you need to gather (as always) if you're not 1 of the 1st few people in a cave system all the stuff you actually need will be gone.

Daria
05-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Generating solo worlds or making ore and materials individual to each player is really needed. It's bad enough on the pts, when it goes to live it's going to be impossible. Competing for limited resources isn't a fun experience. Going back and forth from the hub isn't a fun experience. Searching endlessly and coming up with very little feels like a huge waste of time, which makes me want to play less.

Mandibles
05-21-2018, 01:28 PM
I've gotten into the habit of calling out Cave Birds the moment I see them, even if I'm on a low tank, because I know other people need them. Making little pacts with other players to make mini-hunting groups and getting better at grapple-swinging over larger rooms to get to the Cave Bird enriched halls faster. I do have concerns that this wont happen in Live, though. Unless maybe Clubs could have instances of the mines themselves to encourage further teamwork.

I was also a little dismayed to find out that upgrading to Gas LVL 3 actually did NOT make me more survivable in T3 mines, but just slowed my losses in T1. I still suffocate almost instantly as soon as I get into T3 areas.... where there's higher concentrations of cave birds.

ClumsyBee
05-21-2018, 11:14 PM
i second this, please let us generate solo instance or make the resources respawn somehow, i spent 3 hours just to look for a certain plant in tier 1 and 2, those who went ahead left nothing behind its like walking a dead path without any ore veils or plants to collect not to mention you stuck at tier 1/2 if u don't have GAS upgrade.

Imagine when this goes live thousands of player will join there will be absolute chaos, ppl will spend hours after hours just to look for resources and keep changing map if this happen. It frustrating, it annoying, please fix it, increasing lairs won't change anything.

Awestacular
05-22-2018, 02:11 AM
I'm really not having an issue, as an upgraded person (who needs the upgraded items), I can rush to the area and get them.

Once you realize you need tier 2 or 3 (or whatever), start racing to that. Strap on rocket boots and just go. Chance are good no one else is at your tier, so you can get to where you're headed and farm away. For me, the issue hasn't been farmable resources (yet), it's the metamatters.

And no, I'm not pro, but I can make it to u4, and u5 seems likely enough it's just going to be a huge slow ore farming grind.

My suggestion? upgrade omni-tool and rocket boots, and when easy, climbing claw and n-charge. get good boots and a good mining tool and it all speeds up fast.

Daria
05-22-2018, 02:29 AM
I'm really not having an issue, as an upgraded person (who needs the upgraded items), I can rush to the area and get them.

Once you realize you need tier 2 or 3 (or whatever), start racing to that. Strap on rocket boots and just go. Chance are good no one else is at your tier, so you can get to where you're headed and farm away. For me, the issue hasn't been farmable resources (yet), it's the metamatters.

And no, I'm not pro, but I can make it to u4, and u5 seems likely enough it's just going to be a huge slow ore farming grind.

My suggestion? upgrade omni-tool and rocket boots, and when easy, climbing claw and n-charge. get good boots and a good mining tool and it all speeds up fast.
Maybe so. Trouble is, I've already lost interest and stopped bothering with progression. The average player is going to feel the same kind of frustration, people are going to complain, and they're going to tweak it eventually. Better to do it now before it goes live.