PDA

View Full Version : [Bug] Grappling hook can be used to fly towards a previously grappled point

INN3R_C4L4M1TY
05-20-2018, 10:12 AM
Time: Any
Context: I attempted to grapple the empty air and immediately interrupted the animation with my omnitool.
Expected: I expected nothing to happen.
Observed: I gained a noticable boost towards the last place I grappled to normally. This can be quickly repeated to fly out of a lair with little to no energy loss.

Repro steps:
1. Use your grappling hook on the ceiling of a cave.
2. Look at the air(anywhere where there are no walls in range of the hook), use your hook, then interrupt the animation with any ability, though the mining laser works best.
3. Watch as your character jumps into the air in the direction of the place you grappled to in Step 1.
4(Optional). Repeat step 2, keeping an eye on the cooldown of your hook so you know the timing, and watch as your character continues to jump upwards towards the grappled point, losing no energy.

INN3R_C4L4M1TY
05-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Ok, MAJOR update to this bug. It works in Bomber Royale. If you alternate between using bombs and shift to interrupt it, you can stay in the air forever. I was able to stay alive for over 13 minutes before screwing it up and falling to my death. This needs a fix before live, or people are going to abuse it and ruin the Bomber Royale experience for everyone. If any of the devs read this, can you please respond so I know you've seen it? Because this is a bug with a lot of abuse potential in PvP content and I want to be absolutely sure you know about it.

INN3R_C4L4M1TY
05-22-2018, 08:47 AM
I'd just like to reiterate that this bug is heavily exploitable in a way that directly ruins the fun of other players. If you spawned someone in a map with nothing but the glass cage, this bug would allow them to survive indefinitely while everyone else plummets to their doom.

When you use this bug in Bomber Royale, there is no way to hit you. There are no blocks a person can sticky bomb to get you to fall. You are basically immortal. If one person uses this, 14-19 people can't realistically win.

It can be used on any Bomber Royale map and its only counter is patience, which is not fun. Besides, you can even throw sticky bombs while doing it! It makes you more likely to screw up since you have to do it while making sure you don't attempt to grapple any blocks that are in range, but it is very much doable!

I know this might be bumping, but I would really hate it if a bug this big made it to live all because I didn't manage to draw enough attention to it.

kanamit
05-22-2018, 12:10 PM
*crickets*

kytsu
05-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Just wanted to say thank you very much for the bug report! We are definitely looking into it and working on a fix =)