PDA

View Full Version : Some small suggestions

PowerDj
05-19-2018, 02:18 PM
I've been playing Geode for a bit now, really enjoying it, but there's a few things I've come across that could do with changing.

1: GAS. What I mean by this is that, when your GAS runs out, the return to the hub is very abrupt and jarring. Instead of just instantly teleporting you to the hub, it would be nice if there was some kind of warning message, then the screen faded out, and THEN you teleported.

2: Music. I really like the music that plays in Geode, it really adds to the atmosphere that, for me, makes it pretty fun. However, I think there's too long a gap between the music loops. It would be nice if it looped more often.

3: Shield. The idea behind the shield ability is good, since it can protect you from attacks that would drain your energy while you mine. In practice, however, the energy cost for the shield is so large that it stops you from mining most of the time. Either the energy cost should be severely reduced, or it should work on a cooldown of, say, 10 seconds.

4: Metamatter. Of all the things in Geode, metamatter is the one I have the biggest problem with. I find it pretty annoying that something which is essential in every single upgrade is limited by time. The crafting cost for metamatter should be reduced massively, as it's way too expensive to be worth it right now. That way, progress wouldn't be limited by timers.

I also really enjoyed the bomber royale, but I have one suggestion. Currently, because the glass box you start in disintegrates from the corners, everybody just rushes to them when the game begins to get a head-start. It would be better if the glass box just disappeared instantly so it actually mattered where you stood.