PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Dead end lairs

Bec
05-19-2018, 08:41 AM
Please make it so Lairs with the aesthetic pieces (the glowing orb for example) have some functionality. The glowing orbs look cool the first time you see them until you realize there is no super loot in the center of them. Just this change alone would make it worth finding these things, because at this point, if I find a glowing orb, I know I wasted my time going to this dead end. Please put a bunch of ore ore something in the center of them.

Awestacular
05-19-2018, 09:55 AM
I seem to keep finding a dragon egg in them, hidden out of the way. Are you sure there is nothing in them?

Bec
05-19-2018, 04:41 PM
I (almost) completely destroyed one or two, didn't find anything, and dug through most of a few more, if I didn't find anything and there is treasure, than never mind about my suggestion and I will look harder.

PeaCoC
05-20-2018, 09:12 AM
You can find Bronze Companion Eggs in there and big golden crystal that gives 15 crystals when picked up.

CDM135
05-20-2018, 03:56 PM
You can find Bronze Companion Eggs in there and big golden crystal that gives 15 crystals when picked up.
ye, these are in the room itself, not in the glowing structure. Eggs are most often found on ledges on the walls of the room itself.

Awestacular
05-20-2018, 08:29 PM
I have certainly found lairs where I found neither an egg or the golden crystal, but I assume either I wasn't looking hard enough or it was a bug. At this point, I almost always avoid the lairs unless I'm at about 20% gas left, then why not- they tend to be as good an option as any and maybe some prime loot at the end.

Mandibles
05-21-2018, 01:36 PM
I have certainly found lairs where I found neither an egg or the golden crystal, but I assume either I wasn't looking hard enough or it was a bug. At this point, I almost always avoid the lairs unless I'm at about 20% gas left, then why not- they tend to be as good an option as any and maybe some prime loot at the end.

I've discovered since picking up the Thumper that I can actually milk the golden crystals (worth 30 crystals each) out of any of the dead end rooms, but the ones with the little loop paths at the end produce bucket loads of crystals. With maybe three Thumper uses I can get an average of 300 crystal out of a loop room and maybe 100-150 out of one of the glowing orb rooms.

That said, I've only seen one dragon egg myself, invited other people to it, then got kicked due to failing gas tank before it could be harvested. ;_;