PDA

View Full Version : Trove/Geode/Total Mastery Leaderboards

SkyTheVirus
05-19-2018, 07:19 AM
Now with the new leaderboards for mastery, how are the colored names gonna be distributed?

As far as we know from Live:
White < Red < Gold< Purple
There's no a way for players to change their colored name.

From the Geode Update comes a new color of Orange and Blue. What I think is gonna happen is this:
White < Red < Gold/Orange < Blue < Purple
Cant tell what happens to Gold and orange since the leaderboards haven't ended yet.

That got me thinking, what is the point of having total mastery when most of the players that have top 2k trove mastery is just gonna get this blue name anyways. So far there has been a lack of Gold names being seen on the PTS server. So when these changes go into the live server, will we be seeing more Blue names than Gold/Orange named players.

One thing I was thinking that could work is that people within the top 2k in total mastery will get the blue name, then those people will not be qualified to get the gold name from the trove Mastery Leaderboard. Then that would give people who are just around the 2k-4k Trove Mastery to get the gold name. Though if that's not the case, then we will be seeing a whole lot of blue names and gold names will be rare beyond belief if they never touched the Geode material.

My question to the devs is how is this gonna work? Cause it wouldn't be fair for people to get both Gold and blue name but blue trumps gold and we won't see any gold players.

And if things stay the way they are, will there be an option to change the color of your name? Cause I do prefer having my gold name rather than a blue name, but at the same time, increase my Geode Mastery.

Moonbeam715
05-22-2018, 12:21 PM
I have a gold name in live, and a blue name in pts. I am not sure what you are trying to say here...

Comply
05-22-2018, 01:23 PM
Just as a note, the color order has changed in the last patch. This was changed to reflect the colors in the Mastery character sheet.

White > Red > Gold / Blue > Orange > Purple.

While it's true that most end-game players will be orange, there will be rare instances, mainly for new to mid game players, especially for blue, where there's a benefit for them to focus on Geode content, as you're more than likely to get a blue name first.

kaizer killer
05-22-2018, 04:29 PM
Given all the colors definitely hope have a chance to change them or be able to select which color is active at some point