PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback] Content is not enjoyable

AlexanderAelwyd
05-18-2018, 09:34 AM
Straight to the point; Here's my list on why I will retire if this launches in the current state:

- More timegates ... really? I want to play a MMORPG, not a mobile game.
- Mining stuff with laser only? Oh yes, I do love another job next to my reallife one.
- Two years of progress is useless. This is beyond insanity. No other mmorpg has ever done this and for good reason.

I felt no sense of progression at the end of my play session and I felt greatly disappointed as well due to having no benefit for my large (financial and time) investment in the game.

To balance it out, there's a few good things about the patch:
- New UI improvements.
- New area design and visuals.
- Blue name.
- Bomber Royale.

WiiTodd
05-18-2018, 09:51 AM
PTS is designed for people that CAN be bothered to write down the full explanation.

AlexanderAelwyd
05-18-2018, 10:07 AM
PTS is designed for people that CAN be bothered to write down the full explanation.

Fair enough. I just think the above points should need no further explanation. They designed some good stuff in the past so I'm not sure why they changed direction so much.

Edit: Updated my first post to be more constructive.

Brayer
05-18-2018, 10:48 AM
What is the context of this new "world" in relation to the U10+ update exactly? Is the mining of new stuff and hatching of companions an integral part of the prep for U10? I ask as I can't get on the PTS at the moment. Is this essential work or just something to jump to when you get a bit burnt out on "original trove"

TBH looking at the patch notes its like they had a concept for a game, didn't know what to do with it, so shoehorned it into Trove. Kinda sounds like a cross between Slime Rancher and Astroneer, correct me if I'm way off the mark.

ClumsyBee
05-18-2018, 11:31 AM
It bored me to my extreme, i do appreciate you guys trying to make trove have a new experience but this is so boring
1. Its mine, nothing but mine
2. The upgrade cost or stuffs crafting cost is drastically high, metamatter 10.000 crystal each ? although crystal are easy to get but it just ridiculous.
3. Mining laser is way to weak even you can upgrade it.
4. Very boring landscapes, all cave looks exactly the same but with different block colors
5. Why disable store ? how are we suppose to test Rev when we can't buy re-gem ?

Lime
05-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Only complaints I have atm is with the laser and how the geode hub is a bit confusing to navigate.

Scrubthulu
05-18-2018, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately I'm having a similar experience; I'm having trouble immersing myself in the new content (the atmosphere is excellent, though). I'll definitely keep playing on the PTS, but at this rate it just feels like another plain farm-to-craft experience using the facade of a clean slate to justify nerfing your progress. It doesn't feel like unique, fresh content and that worries me. I'll have to see how my playing experience goes throughout the week but for now I'm not too in favor of pushing the current state to live.

I haven't tried Bomber Royale yet, but I look forward to getting in a match; it still looks like fun.

Only complaints I have atm is with the laser and how the geode hub is a bit confusing to navigate.

I agree tenfold on the confusing layout of the Geode Hub. I don't even use the elevator-type things and instead just jump around off the side which, for some reason, is faster. Such a shame really, as reworking the layout is the type of change I believe they wouldn't really consider due to the work already put into the design.

MostlyPanda
05-18-2018, 12:05 PM
We were sent here to give feedback from general Discussion.

So here is my feedback
Expansion is incredibly boring. Mine, mine, mine. Pamper the NPCs because they are sad (??) or hurt. 0 mobility after several years of Fun flying, jumping, now we are forced on the ground.
Geode doesn't give progression to the actual Gear or Gems, so new players and players that are 10-15k will not even come here because they still need to progress their PR.

I just don't get the whole concept of this expansion. In troves lifespan the most boring part was the Mining, and the Gathering of Plants.
How an earth makes any sense to make a whole expansion based on Mining and Gathering Plants without any Combat.

We can't even invite friends to at least share the boredom of mining with laser. No. We go in solo, sit there mining and... that's the expansion.

Moonbeam715
05-18-2018, 12:40 PM
After playing the pts for one hour I found:

1. The Geode hub is incredibly confusing and using the "elevators" to get around is slow. I suggest speeding them up and putting all NPCs into one area with the crafting bench etc. I do like the look of the new hub.

2. I dislike being limited in the caves. Limiting us to 40 movement speed and to using the grappling hook when we can only be in the caves for a short period of time severely limits our progression. It also vaguely reminds me of the coin collection challenges... which is not a good thing.
- I suggest removing the 40 MS limiter to allow players to use whatever MS they have.
- I like the grappling hook idea, but allow players to use jump in limiting quantities too... 10 maybe?
3. Regarding the 100 dragon frag requirement... Will there be chests for the frags of older dragons, like miraldis for example, or will collecting fragments be similar to fiery feather farming? If they are like fiery feathers, please increase the drop rates further to actually show progress. I am still working on 100 fiery feathers... farming them is incredibly boring.

4. Tome and crafting feedback...
thousands of resources for one tome is a bit....too much. collecting 9000 of anything is a pain. Please reduce the amount of materials needed to craft items. I do like the new crafting bench and I am looking forward to using it.

5. Regarding the laser..... wow it is way too slow. I crafted baesmuth for a reason... I like my higher lasermancy.

Tortorion
05-18-2018, 02:36 PM
1) The Geode hub is confusing.

2) Limited movement speed at 40 is just too slow. This will make the game mode more boring even faster.

3) This will be my next time when I mention it on the forum. Revenant's damage-over-time (DOT) effect from class gem is still useless, even after class rework. When his [M2] Aegis Assault is dealing 37,9mln damage (46,7mln with active passive Vengeful Spirit), his DOT is dealing ~278k damage at 5/5 stacks. To apply all 5 stacks, player need to hit with his [M2] skill 4 times, because his 1st hit apply 2 stacks. DOT and Aegis Assault have hit rate of ~ 1 per 1 sec. The DOT remains untouched by developers till now and it's not dealing critical hits, making it more useless.

- Remove Aegis Assault's DOT effect or let DOTs deal critical hits (maybe it will help, who know).

4) Can you please rework 1 more time Revenant's Aegis Assault class gem? I would like to see his Aegis Assault able to charge like Shadow Hunter's Radiant Arrow skill. From base 750% damage to 1250% when charged to max after 1 sec. Of course chargins won't slow him down. There is aslo many more great ideas.

Chronozilla
05-18-2018, 02:44 PM
- More timegates ... really? I want to play a MMORPG, not a mobile game.
- Mining stuff with laser only? Oh yes, I do love another job next to my reallife one.
- Two years of progress is useless. This is beyond insanity. No other mmorpg has ever done this and for good reason.
The relic timegates do seem a little wierd i agree, would be cool if you could see how much time a relic needed before you started it so you could plan out your day.

the laser has AOE, and is upgradeable.

Not useless exactly, it still works for the content it was designed for, but this is whole new content, and you should be expected to start over with it, i really like it because its a change of pace from menial dungeon grinding we've been dealing with for years. if you don't enjoy mining, you can simply not play geode, its seperated enough to allow for that.

Snowenn
05-18-2018, 03:14 PM
I agree on the layout of the Hub. It's a bit difficult to find where benches and NPCs are the first time around. I do like the vertical build, and love the gravity effects (Beam me up Scotty!).

I like the colors in the caves a lot and the organic resources are looking pretty original.
While I do agree that the gameplay can be a bit boring, I think it's not meant to be completed all in one day. It's a nice change of pace, but it's not content to be played hours and hours without end. I think if you mix it up with some shadow towers, gem box farming or bomber royale, it's fine.

I like that the content of this expansion is accessible for all players. It's impossible to think that a new player is first going to grind for two years to get to the level of a veteran player before they're able to enjoy the content of a new update.

I'm pretty sure I'll greatly enjoy Geode as a side project and I'm looking forward to see what the new recipes will be like. Though I'm pretty sure I want to upgrade that laser asap, because the starting one is pretty slow.

Jabbinatron
05-18-2018, 03:21 PM
Apparently, I'm an oddity for this but honestly, I don't mind the "help cave critters" thing, I really don't. Hell, I actually enjoy it. It's fun for me. (I also mostly like the Geode hub layout. I'd like it to be more clear about what is where, though, if possible.)

While the slow mining speed is more than a bit frustrating, Geode is such a nice change of pace from the near-endless dungeon grind that I'm tearing through the content because I enjoy it so much. I'm really interested in any other lore I come across about it.

I noticed the signs and everything but there doesn't seem to be much use for the "lairs" down in the caverns at the current moment. I wonder if that's going to be fixed at any point or if they're just there to be cool ruins/formations. I'm also curious to find out if the Geode materials are affected by the Tuesday bonuses or not.

During a break from the Geode-specific stuff, I checked out the fragment changes and, um. Changing it from 5 to 100 and then only letting our current fragments loot collect for 5 feels more than a little ridiculous. I go from being 60% of the way there to 15%. And I... still have not noticed any kind of severe increase in drop rates. Maybe RNG just hates me, though, so who knows. (In all seriousness, if jumping the required fragments from 5 to 100, please make the ones we do have loot collect into an equivalent percentage? Or, at least, something closer to an equivalent percentage? I have 5 bubble egg fragments. Making those only worth 25% when I managed to get all of them definitely feels ridiculous.)

Edited to add: I forgot to mention, but the crystal pinatas are adorable and I love the mount. I hope I get more of them soon.

Lime
05-18-2018, 03:25 PM
Apparently, I'm an oddity for this but honestly, I don't mind the "help cave critters" thing, I really don't.w

I agree; seriously don't understand why people hate this, the rewards can be pretty nice.

Pennry
05-18-2018, 03:29 PM
So much to get but so little to do to get it. We can either mine our brains senseless for mats ourselves, or continue to farm dungeons senseless for the flux to buy materials from those willing to mine.

I'd be less annoyed about the resource count if we could get them faster. It gets boring fast.

I have a feeling that if I opt to stick around, it'll be because I could farm up enough Flux to buy my way through the new materials AND I've decided that Bomber Royale is decent enough to earn what I can't get via trade (so far it isn't).

CptJackySparra
05-18-2018, 07:17 PM
It's not even "A change of pace" as going from 100mph in a car to an absolute standstill on a Unicycle. This Geode seems like what Trove should've started off as - a boring spelunking simulator. This smacks of lazy development as there are hundreds of games exactly like this out there right now, and in better condition all around. To take out the combat and render everything we have done up to this point as useless, is also a big smack in the face. Time and money down the drain anyone? Even as a relatively new player to Trove, I can tell you this is not what I signed up for. I got hooked on the gems, the gear, the dragons. Not time gates for allies, and an almost "mobile game" experience where you wait x hours for an unlock or upgrade, or energy like a facebook game or poor mobile game - in this instance Gas. You could say this is becoming a 3D version of Mr Driller from the Dreamcast, all those years ago.

Changing the dragon fragments to 100 is also a very bad move, what's the thinking behind that? Do you think it's enjoyable spending 12 hours mining tiny 3-5 size veins of Glacial shards for only 3 fragments? I can assure, it is NOT. Even with patron. Even on dragon day. Killing thousands of mobs, only to drop one Kami fragment? And you now expect us to farm for 100?

Anyway, is this the way we upgrade our current gear and gems to access the higher tier because you are too lazy to be creative and original because you seemingly overpowered the core game to where your hardest boss takes people under a second to dispatch, and you feel the need to re-balance classes or buff them because you had done a terrible job in the first place? I'd be ever so intruiged to hear that answer.

Whatever direction this Geode is taking the game, you can guarantee I'd rather bore my nut in farming the same U9 dungeons, with my Amperium Dragon, then in the caves, mining myself brain dead on foot with one jump, when I could sign myself up for a lobotomy with my own grappling hook for the same result.

After 30 minutes of play, I had 500 crystals. And you expect us to get 9000 for a tome? I'm down to grind a bit, as the aformentioned glacial shard farce has/is proving. But don't throw salt into the wound by making it all for nothing because you cannot find a way to release balanced content.

Seclruda
05-18-2018, 08:10 PM
Apparently, I'm an oddity for this but honestly, I don't mind the "help cave critters" thing, I really don't. Hell, I actually enjoy it. It's fun for me. (I also mostly like the Geode hub layout. I'd like it to be more clear about what is where, though, if possible.)

While the slow mining speed is more than a bit frustrating, Geode is such a nice change of pace from the near-endless dungeon grind that I'm tearing through the content because I enjoy it so much. I'm really interested in any other lore I come across about it.

I noticed the signs and everything but there doesn't seem to be much use for the "lairs" down in the caverns at the current moment. I wonder if that's going to be fixed at any point or if they're just there to be cool ruins/formations. I'm also curious to find out if the Geode materials are affected by the Tuesday bonuses or not.

During a break from the Geode-specific stuff, I checked out the fragment changes and, um. Changing it from 5 to 100 and then only letting our current fragments loot collect for 5 feels more than a little ridiculous. I go from being 60% of the way there to 15%. And I... still have not noticed any kind of severe increase in drop rates. Maybe RNG just hates me, though, so who knows. (In all seriousness, if jumping the required fragments from 5 to 100, please make the ones we do have loot collect into an equivalent percentage? Or, at least, something closer to an equivalent percentage? I have 5 bubble egg fragments. Making those only worth 25% when I managed to get all of them definitely feels ridiculous.)

Edited to add: I forgot to mention, but the crystal pinatas are adorable and I love the mount. I hope I get more of them soon.

I'm with ya on the change to fragments, it's more than a little ridiculous it's a kick in the teeth to those of us who have collected what we need but are waiting on coins.

fruitie
05-18-2018, 08:41 PM

Not really, it's open to everyone. There's no selection process and honestly you're better off not giving too much feedback because they pick 1 or 2 easy things to change and ignore the majority of feedback, even to allow bugs to make it to live. Why work for trion for free if they don't listen, don't respect their userbase, and don't even provide a decent service? If you're like me you get punished for focusing on things you want improved on, which makes me less sympathetic. Even the best feedback in the world wouldn't give players what they want.

if you don't enjoy mining, you can simply not play geode, its seperated enough to allow for that.
Sure if you ignore the fact that they say that this module is to set up for the one after. Also I don't recall people accepting that argument for pvp modes.

Unknown_Y
05-18-2018, 08:46 PM
The Sanctuary Hub is very nice, hope Devs would put 1/10 effort on revamp current Hub.

Green and Blue transit portal

① Have no idea where it led us to...
② Why not have transit portal led us to all Key facility, instead to nowhere.

Excavation

① Can Devs do some tweak to let us sped up progress in upgrade module and not just zombie mode mining till we raise white flag.
② Laser are really slow...
③ Why some critters with full red bar?
④ The plant that spit cant be destroy and atk radius too wide.

Bome Royale

① There is no countdown in glass wait room, so infinite waiting for 15 ppl to start?
② What to do with surplus arena coin?

ClumsyBee
05-18-2018, 11:31 PM
I have another problem and this is quite a big one

A map can hold up to 14 players BUT if those who entered first and start to explore, they collected all kind of ores, plants make it so hard that other who join in the map late barely have anything to mine and collect.

I ran through hours with this problem, it make upgrade, quest extremely annoying to finish and if you are not strong enough to go deeper in tier 3+ there will be nothing left on tier 1 and 2. Find a new map won't work because it will be the same unless rng put u in the map first before everyone else.

Imagine this problem when the update goes live, thousand players will do at the same time which make the matter even worse.

Please make geode a private instance like shadow tower or something.

Ibita
05-19-2018, 01:13 AM
For me, the only issue is the extremely slow start of the Geode update. What I think should be improved are:
1) Make the default laser slightly faster. Right now, it is just painfully slow.
2) Lower the cost of upgrading modules, at least, for the couple 1st levels. Players will be less frustrated with the fresh new start.
3) Lower the cost of the legendary tomes in the 2nd and 3rd tier of crystollogy profession. Again. It will help players feel not running into a huge grinding wall right off the bat.

Chronozilla
05-19-2018, 03:10 AM
Green and Blue transit portal

① Have no idea where it led us to...
they go from the top and bottom of the outpost to the hub area.

Sure if you ignore the fact that they say that this module is to set up for the one after. Also I don't recall people accepting that argument for pvp modes.
The difference is pvp has rewards that affect the main game, geode does not.

Kean1357
05-19-2018, 03:24 AM
> +1 on confusing Geode hub.
> The mining aspect is quite boring, lasers are too weak and short ranged.
> Recipes require too much materials, just like the resistor table.
> Slow movement speed further enhances the boredom, the grappling hook doesn't work half of the time if you don't have a good ping (like me).
> I love the fact that we go on expeditions, but it's incredibly annoying when we have to go through loading screen/disconnecting often.
> Having only 1 jump makes exploring a lot less fun than it should.

Mandibles
05-19-2018, 03:52 AM
Lack of double jump that is otherwise in base game for the freshest of newbies was a little annoying, but got used to spidy-swinging with grappling hook quickly.

Disliked mining laser until realizing base laser is actually AoE if I direct it at a corner rather than dead center of the ore. Much happiness followed.

Cost of tier one upgrades feels like far too much. Not surprised if higher teirs are more costly but level one felt like kind of a kick in the gut.

... I have to give in and agree that the hub while is interesting as a building, is frustrating as a hub. The signage is not actually noticeable, I assumed they were like every other appearance item in the area initially and only saw its directional by accident while dashing for a portal. A little more color coding or making the areas a little more visibly unique from the center would be helpful, as well as having the quest givers on the same floor. Each little room feels cramped despite the light shades and colors.

cerkaz
05-19-2018, 04:13 AM
i kinda like the idea of an entire other thing, for an top mastery it gives you something to grind, without having to start totatally over with the old progress.

but damn the concept is boring, running around mining gets extremly boring.. Not even through the quests and i'm already feeling like never playing in geode again.

I think as we get more updates on geode it could be pretty cool, but this mining expanision is just missing gameplay..

Medont
05-19-2018, 04:35 AM
Not useless exactly, it still works for the content it was designed for, but this is whole new content, and you should be expected to start over with it, i really like it because its a change of pace from menial dungeon grinding we've been dealing with for years. if you don't enjoy mining, you can simply not play geode, its seperated enough to allow for that.

This update is the preparation for u10? how can it be ignored?

Everscream
05-19-2018, 05:16 AM
I'd like to know more about the pet part of the update. How do you get them? How many can you "collect"? Can you use them for fighting? What about PvP pet fights like in Pokemon?

fruitie
05-19-2018, 05:40 AM
they go from the top and bottom of the outpost to the hub area.

The difference is pvp has rewards that affect the main game, geode does not.

How did you come to the conclusion? The mastery from pvp is somehow impactful (also tradeable), but not the mastery from geode? It's not a giant leap to expect that geode mastery and materials will have an impact when u10 comes. You seem to view sentience shards as non gated, but they're a hell of a lot more gated than the pvp alternative that has costed a tenth less. Even ignoring that, people have waited over 2 years since u9 for new content.

Wrz
05-19-2018, 05:44 AM
Overall I like it. I should note that I've only evaluated the new content. I haven't had a chance to check out bomber royale yet because all my attempts were when not many were on.

One thing I will say I don't like though based on the notes is bumping the required dragon fragments to 100. I could support this if the existing frags could change over to 20 each of the new ones - so those of us who already collected all the frags on live won't have to do more work to get to the goal line for the frags when as far as we're concerned we already put in the work and are just waiting to get enough dragon coins. I hope that changes.

Also, like many others, I did find the layout of the alien hub place confusing.

Garpu
05-19-2018, 07:05 AM
1.) Hub is neat, but it's definitely confusing.

2.) Content is a departure from Trove, which is interesting, but also frustrating at the same time. (You spend years learning how to play a game, and then things radically change with a new set of abilities, etc.) I get that they want to avoid power creep, but it feels odd. Is this a catch-up mechanic?

3.) Without knowing how U10 is going to go, it's hard to know how the stuff open now in Geode is going to fit. Is U10 more like what we've seen on Geode? Is it more like U9?

phagy
05-19-2018, 11:26 AM
is bomb royal going to replace pvp? cause at the hub the pvp portal has changed. regardless its not that bad if its replacing pvp but for players who dont like this game mode will find it aweful to play and in some way sort of forced to play it if you are aiming for mastery and collections. also make it possible to return back to the geode hub when we finish bomb royal game rather than back to normal hub , having to constant teleport from loading screen to another isnt what trove wants for long time now yet newer stuffs added leads to more loading screen. eg. club quest update. at this point you might as well have things specific centralise so players just teleport over to whichever gamemode they want.

honest speaking this new content and direction players seen and experience over the years is turning into dungeon hub loading screen type of game. example would be like dragonest , diablo or typical asia mmo grind style where you go hub u tp to one 'fix area map' quick clear hop back to hub back and forth. its just constant loading screen transistioning.
compare to back in the days you could really spent hours just grinding gathering in one uber world then either simply have a cornerstone or tp into club for a quick refresh/clearing of stuffs restock on flask etc and back to grinding as to now its just quick clear few dungeons tp back to club get quest tp back to grind world back and thru.

similar to this geode content. 1st of all its like a total side game off game whatever you called it. its like you just made a new game mode with trove's initial game engine. our past pr class charac gears etc all seem to do no effect on this geode content.
that said the new content could really do alot better, currently the 3 mining maps is exactly the same generation but with different blocks. it didnt take no braining long enough to notice theres like 1-2 type ores for tier 1 map 1 etc and its the same rinse repeat for map2 map3 .
im sure there is more to explore but more or less its the same repeat grind for 'newer' map2 map3 which is just reskin rather than having any new progress or things to expect.
i do apologize on how and what else to say than its just badly executed for this content much worst than previous club2.0

geo hub is nice and all but the npc and crafting for each department is confusingly placed along with way too many unwanted section of the areas link on the hub. its nice and all looks cool for any roleplaying but really a suggestion would be , if there is any future added stuffs to those area they could be added in later on or unlocked when players progress to certain part of the game.
example the top area spaceshuttle for now does it really do anything? maybe have it close off u know and only appears for players who unlocks the area etc like how some mmo when u upgraded or cleared certain events your base or hub or areas spawns in or opens up.
the current geode hub just look like a nicely decorated shells with nothing much inside.

as for the geode mining game mode ... nothing more i can say then another new grind that everyone will start from scratch.
edit: i just rolled abit on the boom box season1 rewards only manage to get 3chest and seriously you guys better fix this randomness habit of yours if this is how it goes. the rewards is just straight up random to no link with the mode you played in.
out of the 3chest i opened i got 600crystal , 2000 flux, 5dragon caches.
i have no idea what else u can get from it but really this is just plain random regardless how nice those rewards might seem.

High5
05-19-2018, 01:35 PM
My initial thoughts over 2 days in PTS so far.
Beautiful hub, no clue where anything is. Even with the signs, things really should be organized. Maps would be nice so players can identify where they need to go (put markers on maps that you can click on to go to specific points/rooms). Color coding 'areas' would be helpful too.

Quests for collecting resources or helping hurt NPCs isn't too bad, but I wish that quest givers were in one spot so we were not running around the map (again this goes back to confusing hub layout)

Running thru the caves, if anybody is ahead of you, forget about any 'good' loot, it will be gone. And with 4 branches to run around, does not leave much choice where to go. Sometimes I just cannot find the door to tier 2, and sometimes I reach dead ends with nothing within. Oh well guess it was looted by another player already. Guess I need to get lucky and get in a fresh 'cave' system, and rush ahead as fast as possible to loot it before they do.

Will take some time getting used to one jump. Having the grapple AND the laser both use energy is terrible.

The biggest issue, I really have no clue what to do. I know the 'quest' is being worked on (not sure if I am supposed to get something out of the quest) but feels like I am forever 'stuck' on level 1.

No clue where to upgrade gear, no clue how to equip a 2nd item (like the better laser, larger gas tank, etc). I see a space where it says I can equip a second item, but clicking in the open spot, or trying to drag other 'gear' over (or right clicking) does nothing. Am I doing something wrong? I can only 'swap' my grapple between M1 and M2. But that is it... is it supposed to work like that, and I need to earn the other shown gear somehow?

Bottom line, I am super confused how I am supposed to equip any gear, and confused how to upgrade anything. Livestream on Fri said after a little bit of time we could upgrade items... Where and HOW??? <--- Frustrating to the max.

While running around collecting items could be OK, and I can see some fun in this... I am failing to see what I am supposed to be doing. Maybe it will be fun after I can actually upgrade or change around items, but currently I wouldn't spend much more time doing this.

Right now, it is get quest, craft some NPC healing items, run to cave... run around collecting, get gassed to death, get put back in hub and repeat.

Cannot upgrade gear.
Cannot equip anything other than grapple and have basic laser.
Quest glitched, so not sure what to do.

So.... to sum it up... Confusing, confusing, little bit of fun, more confusion.

drbubblesps4
05-19-2018, 02:46 PM
I havenít played it but I got bored just watching them slowly chip away at stuff in the live stream. With full upgrades it seemed really weak and just a boring waste of time. I really hope they didnít spend that much time developing this because it doesnít look/sound good at all.

Spirare
05-19-2018, 04:10 PM
For how many complaints there are about how confusing everything is, it seemed pretty straightforward to me. The signs tell you just about everything you need to know, short of exactly what is on the sides of upper/lower floors, but those can be quickly figured out after looking around a bit. Relevant items and crafting stations are near where you'd expect them to be, and the patchnotes tell you where everything is anyway if you still can't figure it out.

I like the movement restrictions, though it can be slow to get around. Maybe after unlocking a few module upgrades, you could unlock an instant teleportation to the next (or last) cave tier at the cost of a large chunk of GAS (about equivalent to how much you'd spend going there manually)?

No clue where to upgrade gear

Module crafting and upgrades are next to the cave portals on the bottom level.

phagy
05-19-2018, 07:25 PM
the few main reasons of so many complaints is the sudden change in gameplay introduced.
but more importantly is how all this relates to anything to our main game.
cause as of now geo is like a totally different off set game as if trove and its game engine were to make a new game it would be like this geo content.

currently theres quite a few bugs going on esp with the questline getting a fix. but i do hope it all links back to our main game and future coming u10 in the following months to come.
the current situation for the geo content is players would find it too much risk and time wasted investing with not knowing whats installed next like i said any links or relation to u10 or future updates.

lets says after investing all this time and effort gathering up and maxing out this whole geo content which all in all is just a sub'profession' from what im seeing all base on that one crystalogy bench and then later on finds out it has not much or nothing to relate to u10/future updates needed then players will get even more disappointed and upset complaining more later on,

High5
05-19-2018, 09:01 PM
Module crafting and upgrades are next to the cave portals on the bottom level.

Helped a ton, thanks man.I see the upgrade locations now!
Definitely will put some more time into this!

Etherbl
05-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Its nice in the beginning, because there's something new to explore, BUT, it soon becomes sooo repetitive and boring. DOing the same thing over and over and over and over and over again, with nothing new at all, just painfull slow minning trying to get deeper, farming absurd amounts of resourcers to upgrade the gear that takes many, MANY hours of repetitive action.

IT'S NOT FUN!

Also, the time lock for the openning relics, seriously? This is so bad in so many ways. I can understant this system being used for the eggs, its natural for eggs to take some time to hatch, but relics? Hours?!! Maybe days?! Now freaking way, please get rid of it.

I won't even say about the absurd cost of bomb royale rewards and the insaned amount of grind of monotonous and repetitive game people would have to do. Seriously, use a calculator and see how much time it would take to get all there is there, and just by winning, if you lose, oh boy.

I know my opinion won't even matter anyway. I gotta try before i give up of this game and the bad choices made for it.

Awestacular
05-20-2018, 09:38 PM
I'm enjoying the game.

You have to play it for a bit to get the hang of where things are, and you have to recognize that this is still in testing mode, but it's pretty fun once you unlock the jet boots.

I'm not going to say I love it, but I am enjoying it.

Not thrilled with the time gates, nor that our previous efforts are mostly pointless here.

Snowenn
05-21-2018, 01:16 AM
One thing I will say I don't like though based on the notes is bumping the required dragon fragments to 100. I could support this if the existing frags could change over to 20 each of the new ones - so those of us who already collected all the frags on live won't have to do more work to get to the goal line for the frags when as far as we're concerned we already put in the work and are just waiting to get enough dragon coins. I hope that changes.

This so much. If you already had 5 fragments and were lacking the coins to craft the dragon, you'll go from 100% to 25% when the patch hits. This is unacceptable.

Fasti
05-21-2018, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Unfortunately, one thread where a dozen people post a huge number of suggestions about a wide array of issues isn't ideal for finding specific actionable data.

The best way to handle feedback is for each player to find a thread discussing one element of the game and posting in that thread with their feedback on that one topic. If that topic hasn't already been discussed you can create a new thread and name it something specifically tied to that topic.

This will let testers see how others feel and gives us an easy way of finding feedback on a ton of topics.