PDA

View Full Version : Streamer dream 2 & 3

cerkaz
02-16-2018, 04:54 PM
I would like to get some more knowledge about these.

If they work as streamer dream 1, it isn't really a great future for trove streams.

i only see a few options

1. Removal of mastery from the 33 new allies
2. Other ways to get them, than "winning them from creators"

You shouldn't force us to watch trove streams, it shouldn't be a part of the game. Which giving them mastery would lead to. all future streamers will be a chat filled with !GIVEAWAY or !DREAM, spamming the chats.

Also content creators will have a huge lead on mastery, when they get all streamer dreams, while it will take normal users weeks just to get 1 ally.

You can't expect us to wanna watch so many streams, that we would randomly win 33 giveaways. Also making the boxes tradeable would be great, it would make less people get scammed because they could buy them on market instead of a risci code and people wouldn't be forced to watch streams to get it.

I hope this will be thought well about, before popping out on live.

theatomicme
02-17-2018, 12:03 AM
Agreed 100%, when they first added streamer dreams I complained and complained about how stupid it is that you have to do a load of activity outside of trove to get mastery. I consider completion in trove getting all the mastery I can, and with streamer dreams I have to watch streams for them regardless of if I even like streams or not. After the pain of last time I had to get streamer dreams for the mastery I stocked up on loads of them to prevent future suffering with the stupid system, but lo and behold trion found a way to bugger me on it.

Hated streamer dreams having mastery when added, hate them now.

Solutions I see:

1. Remove the mastery on them, I don't even care if the mastery on the first set of allies is removed even though I have them all.

2. Make the boxes you receive in game tradable, I'm sure some of the new players who win a code would rather sell it for flux than learn an ally with poop stats they will never need. (Of course this might make it harder to track streamers selling the codes themselves, but I know for a fact nothing is done to prevent this even now so don't try to say that's the problem)

Unknown_Y
02-17-2018, 01:43 AM
It is back to square 1 with new twist.

There wont be much streamer dream 2 & 3 streamer giveaway on 1st month as they use/give/sell it.

Soon we will see ppl selling streamer dream 2 & 3 for cash and flux ingame...

theatomicme
02-17-2018, 05:28 PM
I feel like removing the mastery on them will make them less of an essential item a lot of players NEED to obtain, and more of the fun prize that they're intended to be, and would overall lessen the likelihood of people selling them.

Plague_Bearer
02-18-2018, 04:41 AM
HOI!! Content creators prospective here.... (Plz don't flame me senpai!! ). For context, I should say that i have no aspirations of being a Twitch Partner or streaming super star! I do it for fun maybe 3 to 4 nights a week (20-25 hours a week, not all of it is Trove) but i care ALOT about production quality so i do the camera, green screen, and fancy mic thing to the highest standard I can. I also take my relationship with the devs seriously and the obligation to being a "good" community member that comes with being Trion Creator.

A few notes on the commentary above first...
For the completionist crowd i hear you... Ive never played games as a completionist so i can't relate to the mentality of feeling like i NEED everything but i totally respect that players all enjoy games differently and so if getting every scrap of mastery is your thing I understand the concern. A few things on that...

1. I would encourage you to look at Twitch/streaming as a part of the trove community just like posting in these forums is. You can be rewarded in the forums (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?115309-Winston-Wagglesworth-IV-Community-Superstar-Ally) for being a positive force in the community the same is true in streams. I think the mastery is an appropriate reward.

2. Welcome to the future!! Games like PUBG, Fortnite, Slay the Spire, Darkest Dungeon, CSGO, and so so many other titles wouldn't be what they are today without streaming or You Tube content. Many of these communities revolve around live or recorded content and the communities are bigger and better because of it. If we want Trove to exist well into the future (and i do believe that streaming is actively enhancing the longevity of titles that get popular on stream) we should be encouraging content creation!

Also if you see any of the creators attempting to sell the Dream Boxes in game or on third party sites for cash or in game items report them here under "Report a Player - Player Conduct" (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=123358). They shouldn't be doing that and it ruins the credibility of the program. Lets weed them out!! I would also be against making boxes tradable as it would encourage this behavior.

The benefit of streamer dream boxes specifically, for me and you+the community
It makes all the sense in the World for Trion to support and encourage content creation. It has massive benefits for the Community. Ill start with how it benefits me personally but you'll find it is dwarfed (sorry Brasse) by the benefits to the community.

For me!
1. It does get more people in the chat! Some people originally came in to just get a dream box and leave but many of these people stayed and come back if i am playing Trove or not, if i have a giveaway up or not. Its nice and i appreciate them supporting me.

2. I get some mastery (shrug), this happens automatically when the patch goes live. I don't need to use the boxes i am given to get allies for myself.

3. Will it get you partnered by Twitch? Probably not... the Trove directly size is often not large enough to get you over the partner line....it is growing tho!

For the Community!
1. A lot of folks don't use the forums as a feedback tool. Plenty of people come into the stream with ideas or complaints about various elements of the game. It sparks a nice discussion about ways to improve the game and I encourage viewers to come here and post these ideas OR i post them here myself OR I just tell the Trion folks directly when i see them 2 to 4 times a year at conventions. Streamers that truly enjoy the games they play make really nice community liaisons for developers, I take that obligation seriously AND Trion takes my opinion seriously (they know I talk to lots of you guys!).

2. If we want Trove to continue on into the future, Trion has to make enough money from it to justify supporting it (news flash, gaming = business) which means we need to keep bringing in new players. Streaming brings more people into the game. I play A LOT of different titles and so i get viewers that found me from something other than Trove. These viewers tend to get curious about Trove and often end up logging in to try it out, even more so if they happen to win a dream box while watching. They almost always download and log in to see what its about. Acquiring new players for Trove in this way is beneficial for all Trovians.

3. Lots of people play while they watch and it makes for a less grindy experience. If they have two monitors plenty of folks play on one while watching on the other or they watch on their phone while playing trove. Its a nice thing to do while mindlessly fishing.... friggin jadefins.... and it adds an entertainment element to the game. Plenty of folks have ran STs with me or leveled up lower level characters. Its a much better experience to play with other people!

4. To a lesser extent its useful for bug finding! I run into bugs just like anyone else or get confused by the UI sometimes. I am able to clip video and post it for Trion to see the bug happening. Makes reproducing the bug easier and helps with the game's development.

I hope this helps a bit! I care a lot about the game and its community. I want the Dream Box program and us fancy-smancy content creators to be perceived as a positive component of your Trove experience!!

fruitie
02-18-2018, 09:02 AM
There really is no reason to separate streamer dreams other than to screw people. I saved a couple in case they released more, so I've basically denied 2 people of a streamer dream. Tbh I hate streamer dreams in the first place, unless I'm lucky enough to get into a stream that just hands them away like candy which I'm not sure happens anymore, I have to basically watch terrible streamers that sometimes string you along for a terrible item with unimaginative stats just for the mastery. To get the robo raptor or balefire wings wasn't too bad since in a way they were kind of neat at the time, but now there's so much junk which does have an impact purely by its mastery. Obviously 2 or 3 streamer dreams I already have won't have too much of an impact, but that's not the point.

Another piece of feedback following on from that point is that the game is just too bloated with uncreative junk. It's nice that lots of player creations have made it into the game, but 99% of the stuff in the game, literally people don't care about except for mastery. Dragons which were once cool are now tame, overused and in case of the newer dragons, just a burden. It might be too late, but I do think that is important feedback to keep in mind.

Back to the first point, if you do remove the mastery like some have suggested, that will reduce the detest for getting them, but it will still have the indifference for the items themselves. Too late to likely change that part, but like I say, It's something to keep in mind.

Pennry
02-18-2018, 09:17 AM
As someone that gives the Dream Codes away to very few people at a time, I don't like the additional boxes either. I don't mind them being in different collection categories, but please keep one code to unlock them like they are now.

cerkaz
02-18-2018, 11:09 AM
HOI!! Content creators prospective here.... (Plz don't flame me senpai!! ). For context, I should say that i have no aspirations of being a Twitch Partner or streaming super star! I do it for fun maybe 3 to 4 nights a week (20-25 hours a week, not all of it is Trove) but i care ALOT about production quality so i do the camera, green screen, and fancy mic thing to the highest standard I can. I also take my relationship with the devs seriously and the obligation to being a "good" community member that comes with being Trion Creator.

A few notes on the commentary above first...
For the completionist crowd i hear you... Ive never played games as a completionist so i can't relate to the mentality of feeling like i NEED everything but i totally respect that players all enjoy games differently and so if getting every scrap of mastery is your thing I understand the concern. A few things on that...

1. I would encourage you to look at Twitch/streaming as a part of the trove community just like posting in these forums is. You can be rewarded in the forums (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?115309-Winston-Wagglesworth-IV-Community-Superstar-Ally) for being a positive force in the community the same is true in streams. I think the mastery is an appropriate reward.

2. Welcome to the future!! Games like PUBG, Fortnite, Slay the Spire, Darkest Dungeon, CSGO, and so so many other titles wouldn't be what they are today without streaming or You Tube content. Many of these communities revolve around live or recorded content and the communities are bigger and better because of it. If we want Trove to exist well into the future (and i do believe that streaming is actively enhancing the longevity of titles that get popular on stream) we should be encouraging content creation!

Also if you see any of the creators attempting to sell the Dream Boxes in game or on third party sites for cash or in game items report them here under "Report a Player - Player Conduct" (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=123358). They shouldn't be doing that and it ruins the credibility of the program. Lets weed them out!! I would also be against making boxes tradable as it would encourage this behavior.

The benefit of streamer dream boxes specifically, for me and you+the community
It makes all the sense in the World for Trion to support and encourage content creation. It has massive benefits for the Community. Ill start with how it benefits me personally but you'll find it is dwarfed (sorry Brasse) by the benefits to the community.

For me!
1. It does get more people in the chat! Some people originally came in to just get a dream box and leave but many of these people stayed and come back if i am playing Trove or not, if i have a giveaway up or not. Its nice and i appreciate them supporting me.

2. I get some mastery (shrug), this happens automatically when the patch goes live. I don't need to use the boxes i am given to get allies for myself.

3. Will it get you partnered by Twitch? Probably not... the Trove directly size is often not large enough to get you over the partner line....it is growing tho!

For the Community!
1. A lot of folks don't use the forums as a feedback tool. Plenty of people come into the stream with ideas or complaints about various elements of the game. It sparks a nice discussion about ways to improve the game and I encourage viewers to come here and post these ideas OR i post them here myself OR I just tell the Trion folks directly when i see them 2 to 4 times a year at conventions. Streamers that truly enjoy the games they play make really nice community liaisons for developers, I take that obligation seriously AND Trion takes my opinion seriously (they know I talk to lots of you guys!).

2. If we want Trove to continue on into the future, Trion has to make enough money from it to justify supporting it (news flash, gaming = business) which means we need to keep bringing in new players. Streaming brings more people into the game. I play A LOT of different titles and so i get viewers that found me from something other than Trove. These viewers tend to get curious about Trove and often end up logging in to try it out, even more so if they happen to win a dream box while watching. They almost always download and log in to see what its about. Acquiring new players for Trove in this way is beneficial for all Trovians.

3. Lots of people play while they watch and it makes for a less grindy experience. If they have two monitors plenty of folks play on one while watching on the other or they watch on their phone while playing trove. Its a nice thing to do while mindlessly fishing.... friggin jadefins.... and it adds an entertainment element to the game. Plenty of folks have ran STs with me or leveled up lower level characters. Its a much better experience to play with other people!

4. To a lesser extent its useful for bug finding! I run into bugs just like anyone else or get confused by the UI sometimes. I am able to clip video and post it for Trion to see the bug happening. Makes reproducing the bug easier and helps with the game's development.

I hope this helps a bit! I care a lot about the game and its community. I want the Dream Box program and us fancy-smancy content creators to be perceived as a positive component of your Trove experience!!

Dude, is that serious?

I'll tell you my perspective. I'm an endgame player, and i really don't see what i get out of watching ST carries and stellar giveaways. I don't find stream like yours entertaining in anyway, i rather open netflix and start a good episode of whatever, while fishing ingame. The only trove streams i would ever lay my eyes on is friends who are streaming. I'm the type of person who rather play self, than watch other play.

Forcing me and other to watch your and other content creators stream would not give any posistiv things for you or us. i would be the type of viewers that ONLY is there for the giveaways, ill be anoying and ask when the next giveaway is because that's the only reason i'm there.
Why not build up a good community instead of building it up around streamer dreams?

Benefits:
1. So the benefits for you is basicly, FREE STUFF! but only for you, rest of us has to do something for it, hurray....
2. People who spams !giveaway in chat, YAY!
3.Fake Viewers who dosen't stay and will leave when they won something. (Look at me i have 40 viewers i'm famous, *removes streamer dream giveaway from title* oh now i only got 5 :(

For "us"
1. Your first statement is completely unrelated, if people are too lazy to tell their ideas here it's their own fault. This is not a benefit for everyone else.

2. Filling your streams up with fake giveaway viewers does not help getting new players into the game, if your stream isn't attractive without high viewer numbers, who's fault is it?

3. NOT A BENEFIT, if you have to watch something to enjoy the game, you should really consider something else. (If the case is that i should be fishing or etc, i got netflix.)

4. Everyone can report a bug?????! how does you being a streamer make it easer to fix it, than someone recording and making a proper bug reporting forumthread.

It's fine you have your stream and nice little community, but i don't wanna be a part of it and shouldn't have to, IT should NOT be a part of the game content to watch streams.

Halcy
02-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Agreed 100% All of the explanations are already explained by the thread, so I have no other comment than agreeing.

CluClu666
02-18-2018, 11:30 AM
Agree too, make them tradeable or remove mastery, let us choose to watch a stream we want to watch (if we want that) not force us to do so for mastery.

Usagi_Tsukino
02-18-2018, 12:36 PM
I am very sorry about this

https://i.hizliresim.com/A11OQq.jpg (https://hizliresim.com/A11OQq)

Plague_Bearer
02-18-2018, 01:59 PM
For "us"
1. Your first statement is completely unrelated, if people are too lazy to tell their ideas here it's their own fault. This is not a benefit for everyone else.

2. Filling your streams up with fake giveaway viewers does not help getting new players into the game, if your stream isn't attractive without high viewer numbers, who's fault is it?

3. NOT A BENEFIT, if you have to watch something to enjoy the game, you should really consider something else. (If the case is that i should be fishing or etc, i got netflix.)

4. Everyone can report a bug?????! how does you being a streamer make it easer to fix it, than someone recording and making a proper bug reporting forumthread.

It's fine you have your stream and nice little community, but i don't wanna be a part of it and shouldn't have to, IT should NOT be a part of the game content to watch streams.

On the Fake viewers thing, from experience this really doesn't happen much. My viewer count is slightly higher in Trove, but only slightly vs. when i am playing something else. People dont really spam !giveaway or whatever and this is easy to manage as a streamer.

Following the number convention in the post above...

1. "This is not a benefit for everyone else" We just fundamentally disagree here (which is ok). Getting feedback from the community to the dev team benefits everybody.

2. You didn't read my initial posted based on your reply here so ill quote myself! " I play A LOT of different titles and so i get viewers that found me from something other than Trove. These viewers tend to get curious about Trove and often end up logging in to try it out, even more so if they happen to win a dream box while watching." Ill also add! Troveians may initially come in for a giveaway, its my job to give them another reason to be there.

3. I respect your opinion here. Watch netflix if you want but watching/participating in streams is a form of participating in the Trove community and there is a potential reward for doing so. It would be cool if Netflix gave out mastery items tho...

4. I did say "to a lesser extent" in my original post..... but....I have video readily available, i doubt most people go back to reproduce the bug while recording and report. Reporting bugs makes the game better for everybody.

Its ok that we disagree here. I appreciate the dialogue and feedback. :cool:

Unrelated to our thread, i have mixed feelings of Streamer Dream 2 & 3 collections being in separate boxes than the first ones. I need to think on this a bit. :confused:

Awestacular
02-18-2018, 02:38 PM
I'm just popping in to say I really don't care for watching twitch either; I'm end game and I'm just fundamentally not interested in watching someone else play the game.

And I can't watch the livestream because I have a job and I'm expected to work on Fridays when the livestream is up. I think I watched it once when I had an odd lunch time slot.

Streamer dreams are a sore spot for me.

NICEBALL8
02-18-2018, 06:26 PM
the streamr allies is always a problem in the game because these ally with mastery point and we can't buy it without code form. I am quite sure scammer take this as an opportunity to scam.

And the next problem is some code seller may not know the old and 2/3 streamer ally code is different, it is so bad if the buyer entered the old streamer code but they don't want it. In this case, how can I give the old streamer allies code back to the seller?
submit a ticket every time?

kaizer killer
02-19-2018, 03:17 AM
So far streamer dreams got me into watching twitch stuff. Won random things along with codes and learned a bit more. Could eventually see them like adventure boxes and have them in separate sets with different rarities maybe. Worst thing seen from this is the scams from used codes

Arion4K
02-19-2018, 03:42 AM
http://arion4k.com/images/Trove_2018-02-19_11-36-16.png

Meh...this legit felt like a big middle finger in my face.

I mean, I get it. You want people to stop stacking on items, meanwhile you unlock all of them for trove creators, WaitWhat... (they're totally not ahead now)

Do new players need these allies? NO, not at all, they don't need the mastery, they don't need the allies. They don't even give good stats. They only need the 2 meta, raptor and chrono from the market.

So again, think about who's watching trove streams, well...mostly new players that are there for free stuff.

Meanwhile us, the end-game are forced to go through cringe streams and wait 12312 minutes for a chance at getting ONE out of 33. What??? Why in the world would we waste our time like that? What is this? It's absurd.

By making it this way you encourage people to cheese it out, i'm not going to give examples, but yeah, you encourage people to cheat the system and find workarounds which there are plenty.

I understand you promote your game, but seriously? Barely any streamers actually play the game, most of them give away free cheap stuff to noobs.

The people who actually really need these allies are the collection freaks and those people already have everything, they don't need free stuff or cringy streams.

I am very disappointed in this decision that Trion took regarding these allies. It was bad from the very beginning, but now it's just the same thing all over again, but even worse.

Suggestion, as people said above : just make them tradable after you apply the code, streamers SELL THEM ANYWAY !!

Now streamers will get them all unlocked (so mastery advantage) and then they sell the codes (so they make bank) NICE.

Snowenn
02-19-2018, 10:05 AM
My main is around 22k pr, so I'm nowhere near end game, and nowhere near the top 2k mastery. But I'm also not at a point where I want to watch a stream to get free stellars.

I watched a couple of streams, and several of them are only about: "Hey, I'm giving away free stellars, and maybe a streamer dream code if I get to xxx followers. Please stick around for another 3 hours while I give away a stellar every 10 minutes, and for the rest of the time I'm just going to stand here in my vault club."
I do not enjoy watching this at all. Last week I watched a stream where the person was just playing the game and enjoying it. There were no giveaways at all, but it was the most fun stream I've ever seen.
Point being, is that by having all these allies (which give mastery, and thus are important to a lot of people) exclusively available from streamer giveaways (or by buying them from streamers or whatever) Trion is promoting the "I'm standing here for 3 hours" streams instead of the ones which are actually fun to watch.
Therefore I'm against this. Just add them to Luxion or remove the mastery.

Tali
02-19-2018, 03:33 PM
I don't really like the idea of having additional tiers for streamer dreams, I know a lot of people saved boxes and now these are wasted.
I'm not racing for mastery but I can see how 33 allies would make a difference.
My suggestions:
-Make streamer dream original box tradeable, so these won't go to waste.
-Make these allies give 1 mastery each, so it won't be that big of a deal.

smellyalater
02-19-2018, 05:44 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/ec83240e3cc8d155098b1703764095e6.png

Just going to leave these here, now that there's no use for em anyways.

iAndy
02-19-2018, 09:49 PM
They removed mastery from them in the latest pts patch notes and I think that was a good move. I like supporting the streamers and watching them but the way mastery is now, it shouldn't be something that only streamers decide who gets (conspiracy!).

Arion4K
02-20-2018, 12:25 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Trion listening, I'm starting to like this. Great decision to remove the mastery from them. Keep it up.

Unknown_Y
02-20-2018, 01:17 AM
That is a relief, thanks devs team.

33 new streamer allies at once is too much to handle, maybe 5 for start and slowly add up throghout the year.

SouljahTor
02-20-2018, 06:20 AM
As a person who is at 476 mastery and over 25.3K pr i can comfortably say that removing mastery from these new allies coming out is the best move trion has made in regards to listening to feedback from the forums, considering i only have 1 of the original streamer dream boxes as they are fiercely difficult anymore as well they are going to be near impossible to get with the new codes coming out

Suburba
02-20-2018, 09:17 AM
It's even worse when you don't even speak English fluently and there is just a couple of streamers in your language that are totally annoying (fortunately I understand English, but there are many players who don't understand it). And after losing one hour of your time, you are not lucky enough to get a code. Sad