PDA

View Full Version : Forums Sugestions

Lion
09-26-2014, 06:44 AM
Hey there everyone,
I'm just gonna get it out there right now, and I am 100% sure that some of you may have stumbled upon either one or multiple of these annoying things about the forums. But instead of just complaining, I'm also going to suggest an improvement.

What are your thoughts on this? If you have feedback or a suggestion of your own, please leave it here!

We can only edit our most recent post on a thread. This is RIDICULOUS! Once the forums get going we might get so called "signature shops", or we might get contests going on here, but if we cant update our main post then how the heck is this forum any better than Reddit?
On reddit, we can edit our main posts AND reply! Thats what we need here too, I've seen it on SO many forums, and I KNOW that this forum runs on Vbulletin, so this should be an easy job to fix.
Do it. We nééd this.
When we select a new avatar/profile picture, I noticed that you have to scale your image down to max 100x100 px, no more than that, only less or that exact number. Isn't there a way the site downscales your desired profile picture automatically? Again, seen this on tons of forums, should be possible, and one magical word: VBULLETIN.
Can you fix the size of the forums? It looks so much more natural on 90% than on 100% view. (or is this just me?)

Aside from this, I love the forums, and I love the game, and blablabla, keep this up TRION and TROVE <3

BartiriX~

EDIT1: looks like they fixed the "only most recent post edit" bug/annoying-little-thing! :D

Uniquisher
09-26-2014, 06:47 AM
We can only edit our most recent post on a thread. This is RIDICULOUS! Once the forums get going we might get so called "signature shops", or we might get contests going on here, but if we cant update our main post then how the heck is this forum any better than Reddit?
On reddit, we can edit our main posts AND reply! Thats what we need here too, I've seen it on SO many forums, and I KNOW that this forum runs on Vbulletin, so this should be an easy job to fix.
Do it. We nééd this.

BartiriX~

Completely agree with this, I've actually messaged one of the developers directly about this, It'd be a great change we definitely need :)

Lion
09-26-2014, 06:48 AM
Completely agree with this, I've actually messaged one of the developers directly about this, It'd be a great change we definitely need :)

Its probably one of the most useful things about forums, you can edit your main post to keep your thread up to date --''

Ratl
09-26-2014, 06:50 AM
Can you fix the size of the forums? It looks so much more natural on 90% than on 100% view. (or is this just me?)

Looks fine to me but I guess it really depends on the size/resolution of your monitor.

Lion
09-26-2014, 06:51 AM
Hey there everyone,
I'm just gonna get it out there right now, and I am 100% sure that some of you may have stumbled upon either one or multiple of these annoying things about the forums. But instead of just complaining, I'm also going to suggest an improvement.

What are your thoughts on this? If you have feedback or a suggestion of your own, please leave it here!

Do it. We nééd this.
When we select a new avatar/profile picture, I noticed that you have to scale your image down to max 100x100 px, no more than that, only less or that exact number. Isn't there a way the site downscales your desired profile picture automatically? Again, seen this on tons of forums, should be possible, and one magical word: VBULLETIN.

Aside from this, I love the forums, and I love the game, and blablabla, keep this up TRION and TROVE <3

BartiriX~

EDIT1: looks like they fixed the "only most recent post edit" bug/annoying-little-thing! :D

Too soon, they didnt fix this at all, guess theres something strange going on on the forums where you can only edit it sometimes?

Uniquisher
09-26-2014, 06:52 AM
Too soon, they didnt fix this at all, guess theres something strange going on on the forums where you can only edit it sometimes?

I believe the way it works is that if it was your most recent post, you can edit it, I can edit this post that im making now, until I make a new one.

Lion
09-26-2014, 06:55 AM
I believe the way it works is that if it was your most recent post, you can edit it, I can edit this post that im making now, until I make a new one.

For a moment after posting a new post, you can still edit the one before your most recent one.
Clarified:
> You can always edit your most recent post.
> When you make a new post, you can edit the one(1!) you posted before for a while, don't know for how long.

AleMagno
07-05-2015, 08:51 PM
We need a Guide and a Giveaway/Contest section

MainFrame
07-05-2015, 09:22 PM
The nerco is real, but while its here, a suggestions part wouldn't be bad either. Like, a section where people suggest stuff. Like this topic could be in it.

Pangda
07-06-2015, 06:08 AM
Mobile forum please, dev :(