PDA

View Full Version : Subclass combos

Cicasajt
07-03-2017, 04:42 AM
I just wanted to make a thread to discuss any found wombo-combos with the sublasses if there are any.

if we could get some information about how they work and some numbers about scaling and stuff that would help

so far i got this on what classes go well with which subclass:
(these are all personal opinions!!!!)

GS sub: +dmg while airborne | good for: NN, SH, PC, Chloro, Boomer, DT (all classes that can deal dmg well while in mid-air)
NN: stay mid-air when shuriken flies. good for bursting but not for st since it slows your shuriken production
SH: jump, spray and pray for more dmg
PC: place turrets and jump around for more dmg
Chloro: place plands and jump around for more dmg
Boomer: jump around throwing chickens and bombs
DT: ult and stay airborne. u can even miss since basic attack is aoe

DT sub % for CRITS to root | good for: SH, Fae, PC , Chloro
SH: use this so you dont need to use your mines and can go full spray
Fae: to stay far from enemies and prevent them from taking your passive
PC: keeps enemies at your turrets while you are safe without decoy
Chloro: auto enemies while they are in plant range to keep them there

Ice Sage sub: gives shield for 5% of MH | good for any tank: Rev, Draco, CB, Fae
Fae: maybe it can save the passive a little more? idk

Draco sub: % for PD to set enemies on fire | good for any pd dps class: NN, SH, Knight, Boomer, LL

PC sub: DMG has % for cannon ball | good for aoe and fast attack classes: GS, NN, SH, Boomer, DT, Chloro, Draco, LL

Chloro sub: DMG has % to reflect DMG taken | good for tanks: Rev, Draco, CB

Rev sub: -DMG taken, % for basic attack to taunt | food for tauntless tanks: Draco, CB, Knight

SH sub: MD has % to searing light | good for any md dps: PC, DT, GS, Chloro, Draco

CB sub: DMG has % for candies | good for aoe and fast attack classes but not much for glass cannons: Boomer, Chloro, GS, DT, PC
Boomer: chickens give fast attack rate, bombs give aoe, these allow more procs
Chloro: plant aoe gives lots of procs
GS: ult aoe for more procs
DT: ult aoe for more procs
PC: cannon aor for more procs

Fae sub: CRITS have % to DMG and stun | good for dps that wants to stay away from enemies or wants to root them: GS, SH, DT, Chloro, PC, Draco
SH: use this so you dont need to use your mines and can go full spray
PC: keeps enemies at your turrets while you are safe without decoy
Chloro: auto enemies while they are in plant range to keep them there
GS: for even more dmg
DT: for even more dmg and staying safe
Draco: if dps

Boomer sub: companion heals when low HP | good for tanks: CB, Rev, Draco, Knight

Class-subclass order

CHLOROM-GS,DT,PC,SH,CB,FAE Works best: GS for dmg CB for support

GUNSL-PC,SH,CB,FAE Works best: SH

DINOT-GS,PC,SH,CB,FAE Works best: GS and SH

NEONN-GS,DRAC,PC Works best: GS for burst DRAC for sustained dmg

SHADOWH-GS,DT,DRAC,PC,FAE Works best: GS

FAET-DT, TR Works best: DT, TR

KNIGHT-DRAC,REV,BOOM Works best: DRAC for dps, REV for tank

REVENANT-ICES,CHLOR,BOOM Works best: CHLOR

LUNARL-DRACO,PC Works best: DRACO

DRACO-ICES,PC,CHLOR,REV,SH,BOOM, FAE Works best: REV for tank, SH,FAE for dps

ICESAGE- Works best:

PIRATEC-GS,DT,SH,FAE Works best: GS, FAE

CANDYB-ICES,CHLOR,REV,BOOM Works best: REV

BOOMER-GS,DRACO,PC,CB Works best: CB i guess

Batman
07-03-2017, 06:56 AM
Reserved if I get some further testing results .

Ibita
07-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Seriously, TR subclass needs some love. Spawning max 1 minion is just utterly useless.

Bias q0n0p
07-04-2017, 07:59 AM
Tomb Raiser officially useless...can't tank , can't dmg, can't sub, can't farm. :/ bye bye tr will miss you.

Unknown_Y
07-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Still the same few classes that got the spotlight. nothing change.

Cicasajt
07-04-2017, 10:14 AM
tbh most of them dont really do much. rare chance for a bit of dmg and some cc is not much. draco and sh subs are somewhat good. gs sub would be good sincce it is always actice but it is super weak. the only thing i can imagine being useful in ST is the cb subclass.

Bobfishkins23
07-04-2017, 10:18 AM
tbh most of them dont really do much. rare chance for a bit of dmg and some cc is not much. draco and sh subs are somewhat good. gs sub would be good sincce it is always actice but it is super weak. the only thing i can imagine being useful in ST is the cb subclass.

NN subclass might be used in speedruns as something to swap to when the boss is below 20%

PowerDj
07-04-2017, 01:37 PM
I don't really like the nature of the subclasses. So many of them are based off of chance. We all know that Trove has RNG deeply embedded in its things like gear and gems, but is it really necessary to start making combat mechanics luck-based? When I hit an enemy, I'd much rather have something like "X will trigger when you hit an enemy after 20 seconds" than "X may or may not trigger at any time". It means that half the time you'll get something where every enemy in a dungeon is set on fire from the dracolyte subclass, and the other half you'll get nothing from the effect.

Black Wyvern
07-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Combat mechanics are already RNG based. Take the dracolyte class gem. 150% bonus DPS and a portable tank per dragon spawned from the bombs. Sounds good on paper.

Bombs have a 12.5% chance to spawn a dragon though. (People say it's higher, but in testing 1500 bombs I came to appox 11.4%) And unless you're building really tanky yourself, if you don't get a dragon down in combat, odds are you're going to be dead very quickly.

Subclasses aren't as make-or-break as that, so while I say they could be improved across the board, it's not a huge issue at the same time.