PDA

View Full Version : Question about gem forging

Craftsman42
07-01-2017, 06:50 PM
So I have been on PTS for a bit now (and I like what I see for the most part.) However, I'm a little confused about gem rerolling. I kind of assumed that all stats on a gem have the ability to be maxed out at a specific value. In other words, if we take a stat like Crit Hit, and we assume the max value is 15% Crit Hit, then my assumption was that all gems could get 15% Crit Hit at max level and max stat boost. I have looked on some empowered gems and have found this was not the case.

What I want to know is this: Will the max PR of all gems also vary, or will it have a flat cap for all gems? I think the max PR of a perfect gem with perfect rolls is about 1755 or something like that. Even if the stats values vary, will all gems have the potential to be 1755 PR or not?

Dekal
07-01-2017, 09:12 PM
My first two lesser gems ended up with 1755 pr and the third ended up with 1754, not sure whats up with that.
The stats still vary because of the 1 stat boosts at lv5/10/15, if you get all 3 on ch it should end up with maxed ch.

DarkPineapple
07-01-2017, 09:16 PM
1744 vs 1745? I reported this elsewhere. Stems from the fact that gem PR is truncated not rounded (or at least it was a few months ago, haven't checked recently. Once fixed, all will have the potential to literally be "perfect" - the only things left to RNG will be which stats are boosted at levels 5, 10, and 15 (so no not all will have 15% CH or whatever the number is Craftsman) and empowered

Hope that helps.

83aurelien
07-02-2017, 04:46 AM
I got some with 1752 pr max some 1754 and 1755 for the best idk if it's bug or not..

Kitzun
07-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Only thing I know is I have an Emp Gem at 1900+ PR, unless powers are worth more than 100 PR now it seems gems can go near 2k PR.

And I noticed there is no Health Regeneration on the gems on PTS, is it specific to it or is it part of the patch for the live server ?
If it is part of the patch then Alleluia, at long last.

Craftsman42
07-02-2017, 09:17 AM
Only thing I know is I have an Emp Gem at 1900+ PR, unless powers are worth more than 100 PR now it seems gems can go near 2k PR.

And I noticed there is no Health Regeneration on the gems on PTS, is it specific to it or is it part of the patch for the live server ?
If it is part of the patch then Alleluia, at long last.

I thought the max PR of empowered gems was 1855. Did they raise the max PR of empowered gems?

Also, it was mentioned in patch notes that HR was removed.

Thanks for the feedback. Guess it is intended for all gems to hit 1755 PR at some point. Good to know.

Kitzun
07-02-2017, 09:47 AM
I thought the max PR of empowered gems was 1855. Did they raise the max PR of empowered gems?
Apparently the max of the stats on gems have become the average of the new spread if the augment percentages are to be believed, so the cap on gems' stats must have been raised.
I'm trying to "perf" the gem out to know the max PR but it's slow, the devs forgot to give us glims and I have to fish to get some (T_T)
At the moment the gem is 100% in one stat, near that in the second and near 50% in the third for 2070 PR.
After that I will try to max out a normal one to see the difference.

Also, it was mentioned in patch notes that HR was removed.
Didn't know, sorry.

Thanks for the feedback. Guess it is intended for all gems to hit 1755 PR at some point. Good to know.
Don't know yet, will tell you that later if I can.

Kitzun
07-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Okay, the maxed non-empowered gem I got to max is 1753 PR, it is a PD/CH/MH% water gem.

The empowered gem I maxed is an explosive epilogue stellar water with PD/CH/MH, it tops at 2249 PR but I'm pretty sure it's suposed to be 2250.

In both cases it seems to be an effect of rounding and difference in stats value per unit.

And yes, at the same amount of random bonus at levels 5, 10 and 15, the same stats (PD and CH) have a higher amount on the empowered gem, around 20% more, it explains the higher PR for Emp Gems, the devs made them stronger than normal ones.