PDA

View Full Version : Darknik xD?

Poroction
07-01-2017, 12:40 AM
Darknik is way too overpowered or DOTM is way too underpowered.
DOTM is 10x easier than darknik, even if I think that we can be better at darknik.
-> I can solo ULTRA DOTM
-> I can't solo HARD Darknik
-> Here is my stats & PR
http://i.imgur.com/QwdVoeC.png
http://i.imgur.com/Rm7fIRf.png
Even with a lots of HP he one hit you, his cast time is really low & the shield is coming over and over, the fire is also very good and deny you to tank it forever.
gl in esports to kill him with a 15k pr squad on live.

Spirare
07-01-2017, 12:48 AM
I think the issue here is that it's possible to solo Ultra DotM at all.

I actually like the new boss mechanics, and he's actually a proper group fight that needs real coordination or strategy - or at least something closer to it than what appears elsewhere anyways.

What we should be doing is buffing up everything else to his level, adding in actually interesting combat mechanics, and making the final boss of the game a real final boss again.

Poroction
07-01-2017, 12:55 AM
I think the issue here is that it's possible to solo Ultra DotM at all.

I actually like the new boss mechanics, and he's actually a proper group fight that needs real coordination or strategy - or at least something closer to it than what appears elsewhere anyways.

What we should be doing is buffing up everything else to his level, adding in actually interesting combat mechanics, and making the final boss of the game a real final boss again.
I think that a DOTM buff would be interesting yes,
but I don't really like the fact that everything can one hit you at ultra ST except if you have 5mil+ hp.
1. DD Flask is mandatory
2. It's frustrating to have no counterplay to that,

Bobfishkins23
07-01-2017, 06:15 AM
I feel like UM DN groups are gonna be 23K +

ForsakenHero
07-01-2017, 06:25 AM
I feel like UM DN groups are gonna be 23K +
Yeah max PR for sure or asking for Coeff/numbers can work too xD.

Bobfishkins23
07-01-2017, 06:27 AM
Yeah max PR for sure or asking for Coeff/numbers can work too xD.

yeah, probably gonna recruit by coeff for things like this rather than PR... better get to 3.5M coeff lol

FaeBeiBei
07-01-2017, 07:42 AM
So Melee classes are all useless now?

Spirare
07-01-2017, 09:18 AM
From what I've seen, the point of this fight is environmental awareness and dodging everything. If the boss leans down, he'll probably cleave forwards with one of his guns or blades, so sidestep that. If he shoots bombs in the air, watch where they're going so you'll be where they aren't. Keep him away from corners so he doesn't burn them. If he burns them anyways, go to a different corner. Time your strong attacks so you don't waste an ultimate skill just as he uses an immunity shield.

Maybe the attacks could be nerfed slightly, but not too much; failing to dodge should kill you quickly.

Chronozilla
07-01-2017, 09:51 AM
From what I've seen, the point of this fight is environmental awareness and dodging everything. If the boss leans down, he'll probably cleave forwards with one of his guns or blades, so sidestep that. If he shoots bombs in the air, watch where they're going so you'll be where they aren't. Keep him away from corners so he doesn't burn them. If he burns them anyways, go to a different corner. Time your strong attacks so you don't waste an ultimate skill just as he uses a physical shield.

Maybe the attacks could be nerfed slightly, but not too much; failing to dodge should kill you quickly.

I agree with all of this, and as mentioned earlier, being able to solo ultra dotm does make it seem like the boss is too easy (outdated maybe?) It should definitely get a touch up to be worthy of that final boss title.

Poroction
07-01-2017, 10:35 AM
From what I've seen, the point of this fight is environmental awareness and dodging everything. If the boss leans down, he'll probably cleave forwards with one of his guns or blades, so sidestep that. If he shoots bombs in the air, watch where they're going so you'll be where they aren't. Keep him away from corners so he doesn't burn them. If he burns them anyways, go to a different corner. Time your strong attacks so you don't waste an ultimate skill just as he uses a physical shield.

I'm playing GS without any ms on my build, but seems like I can't dodge his guns even while flying with drags.
The only way I've found is to turn around him and/or go behind him.

ExoDave
07-01-2017, 11:01 AM
I agree with this Thread. Darknik makes DOTM look outdated. She needs to be looked into.

Spirare
07-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Darknik makes every boss look outdated. There's the Spike Walker with 4 attacks and 2 phases, and then there's that guy, and he's supposedly just a "standard" boss.

Every boss could use some touch-ups really.

Kitzun
07-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Darknik is way too overpowered or DOTM is way too underpowered.
DOTM is 10x easier than darknik, even if I think that we can be better at darknik.
-> I can solo ULTRA DOTM
-> I can't solo HARD Darknik
-> Here is my stats & PR
http://i.imgur.com/QwdVoeC.png
http://i.imgur.com/Rm7fIRf.png
Even with a lots of HP he one hit you, his cast time is really low & the shield is coming over and over, the fire is also very good and deny you to tank it forever.
gl in esports to kill him with a 15k pr squad on live.
You go glass canon as a wet paper towel who had a bad day, as soon as a boss sneeze you blow up.
Don't go ultra-low HP if you can't avoid-tank.

StarGod5
07-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Btw, this boss also use a nuke. When the whole area turns red, it signals that the nuke will launch. This will ONE-SHOT and kill you even if you have death-defying flasks ready. To avoid this, go far away from him (usually a corner) to possibly escape a gray screen.

Another skill to avoid is his laser. No matter how much HP you have, this will easily waste your flasks. This laser move will happen every time after Danknik jumps towards the center of the area. It will then focus firing a player several times.
What I've seen when going against it, it would use it's laser move on one player, move around for a few seconds (might use a purple or yellow shield), then jump towards center and use the laser move again, but on a different player and repeat onto ANOTHER player. This is just a theory, but I think it will continue it's laser move until it finishes focusing on all players in the battle, then do some other tactics. I think the best way to avoid being hit is to circle around him while keeping your distance away from it. This won't always succeed, and using dodge isn't a bad idea. Just remember that it might not use it's laser move on you twice.

If you want, try learning the boss's attack and possible attack patternS. It might not be the same after the previous failures.

ForsakenHero
07-02-2017, 01:04 AM
Btw, this boss also use a nuke. When the whole area turns red, it signals that the nuke will launch. This will ONE-SHOT and kill you even if you have death-defying flasks ready. To avoid this, go far away from him (usually a corner) to possibly escape a gray screen.

Another skill to avoid is his laser. No matter how much HP you have, this will easily waste your flasks. This laser move will happen every time after Danknik jumps towards the center of the area. It will then focus firing a player several times.
What I've seen when going against it, it would use it's laser move on one player, move around for a few seconds (might use a purple or yellow shield), then jump towards center and use the laser move again, but on a different player and repeat onto ANOTHER player. This is just a theory, but I think it will continue it's laser move until it finishes focusing on all players in the battle, then do some other tactics. I think the best way to avoid being hit is to circle around him while keeping your distance away from it. This won't always succeed, and using dodge isn't a bad idea. Just remember that it might not use it's laser move on you twice.

If you want, try learning the boss's attack and possible attack patternS. It might not be the same after the previous failures.
Good luck dodging a nuke while lagging.

Bobfishkins23
07-02-2017, 08:11 AM
Good luck dodging a nuke while lagging.

Just stay at the corner and bring only ranged classes i guess...

Poroction
07-02-2017, 02:05 PM
You go glass canon as a wet paper towel who had a bad day, as soon as a boss sneeze you blow up.
Don't go ultra-low HP if you can't avoid-tank.
low iq dog even with 2mil hp he one shot you whats the point to have more hp,

DarkPineapple
07-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Don't tank shots, avoid them. Different type of gameplay entirely.

FlashExe
07-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Can't wait for the live to pts character transfer so I can do some testing lol. There have been several times when people think something's an insta-kill when it technically isn't, it's just really, really high. People just haven't gotten their health to be high enough right after the update hits. Granted there's definitely a chance that the insta-kill for darknik 2 is true, but only one way to find out right?

Bobfishkins23
07-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Can't wait for the live to pts character transfer so I can do some testing lol. There have been several times when people think something's an insta-kill when it technically isn't, it's just really, really high. People just haven't gotten their health to be high enough right after the update hits. Granted there's definitely a chance that the insta-kill for darknik 2 is true, but only one way to find out right?

Im pretty sure bypassing DDV means its an instakill...

FlashExe
07-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Im pretty sure bypassing DDV means its an instakill...

Ah right.... forgot he said that. Whoops.

FlashExe
07-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Actually, just fought him on easy mode. Stood right next to the nuke. 100-150K dmg tops. You were either lagging, ran outta flasks, or it's a new mechanic that either bypasses DD w/o infinite dmg, or the insta-kill only activates on higher difficulties. Those latter two options are unlikely though.

(sry bout the new post, shoulda edited the prior one. >_< )

Bobfishkins23
07-03-2017, 02:10 PM
Actually, just fought him on easy mode. Stood right next to the nuke. 100-150K dmg tops. You were either lagging, ran outta flasks, or it's a new mechanic that either bypasses DD w/o infinite dmg, or the insta-kill only activates on higher difficulties. Those latter two options are unlikely though.

(sry bout the new post, shoulda edited the prior one. >_< )

i still had flasks, more than that much HP, (around 800k) and no lag, dunno how you got these results

FlashExe
07-03-2017, 03:26 PM
800k hp should have little to do w/ it cause you're talking about fighting it on hard mode correct? I said I fought it on easy (by which I mean normal) so that explains the dmg difference. Otherwise, if you still had flasks and no lag then idk what to tell ya. Was fighting him as CB and was right next to him the whole time. Unless there's some kinda partial blind spot within him or the insta-kill only occurs at harder difficulties.... idk lol.

Bobfishkins23
07-03-2017, 04:00 PM
800k hp should have little to do w/ it cause you're talking about fighting it on hard mode correct? I said I fought it on easy (by which I mean normal) so that explains the dmg difference. Otherwise, if you still had flasks and no lag then idk what to tell ya. Was fighting him as CB and was right next to him the whole time. Unless there's some kinda partial blind spot within him or the insta-kill only occurs at harder difficulties.... idk lol.

nope, i was on normal at the time

FlashExe
07-03-2017, 05:04 PM
Hrm, I'll do some more testing...

FlashExe
07-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Ok, so the dmg I was taking was from the fire underneath him. From what I can tell, he has an invisible aura about the size of his shields or the area of the fire he puts down when launching (though it does seem to be a little bit larger than that). If you're in that zone you will take no dmg from the nuke when it lands, distance doesn't seem to have anything to do with it from what I've seen. If anybody finds out anything else feel free to share it lol.

Bobfishkins23
07-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Ok, so the dmg I was taking was from the fire underneath him. From what I can tell, he has an invisible aura about the size of his shields or the area of the fire he puts down when launching (though it does seem to be a little bit larger than that). If you're in that zone you will take no dmg from the nuke when it lands, distance doesn't seem to have anything to do with it from what I've seen. If anybody finds out anything else feel free to share it lol.
Interesting... maybe this was put in place for melee classes incase they were in a bad spot?

FlashExe
07-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Potentially, though considering how the nuke always lands in the middle and I was pretty close to a corner (bout 8 blocks off towards the middle I'd say) and still died, I think that safe zone is for everyone. The fire that forms under him isn't particularly lethal and is prolly percentage based like other fire/lava effects, and again, I don't THINK there is a minimum safe distance. Did you survive at least once while away from the boss?

Bobfishkins23
07-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Potentially, though considering how the nuke always lands in the middle and I was pretty close to a corner (bout 8 blocks off towards the middle I'd say) and still died, I think that safe zone is for everyone. The fire that forms under him isn't particularly lethal and is prolly percentage based like other fire/lava effects, and again, I don't THINK there is a minimum safe distance. Did you survive at least once while away from the boss?

ive survived in the marked safe areas (the non-red corners), but what i meant to say was that the reason there is a universal safe space under the boss is that because some melee classes cant escape in time (LL while doing the 1 attack animation, CB wile pulling, etc.)

FlashExe
07-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Yep, all good on the understanding now. :)

Hawk
07-05-2017, 01:29 PM
I think the issue here is that it's possible to solo Ultra DotM at all..

Ding ding ding! ;)