PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Neon Ninjas. Skulls are no longer able to give stacks for Shuriken

MostlyPanda
06-30-2017, 03:53 PM
The Patch on the PTS makes the "skulls" red and unhittable when activated.
No more gaining stacks for your Shuriken on your Neon Ninjas.

Ointment
06-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Bye, gonna kms

DarkPineapple
06-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Its not bad. Many subclasses heal or block damage to some extent.

Kubrt23
06-30-2017, 05:31 PM
Really thanks for this...

MostlyPanda
06-30-2017, 05:50 PM
Its not bad. Many subclasses heal or block damage to some extent.

no. it is that bad. those passives you are talking about are trash.

fruitie
06-30-2017, 06:37 PM
I mean, you can't really complain about that. It's clearly not a logical mechanic to have. It's just something people managed to exploit.

Ointment
06-30-2017, 06:40 PM
I mean, you can't really complain about that. It's clearly not a logical mechanic to have. It's just something people managed to exploit.

Very true, it's the least of the problems in the PTS subforum.

Pennry
06-30-2017, 07:51 PM
Meanwhile every class that keeps ranged now rejoices.

Morinaka
07-01-2017, 02:44 AM
Great for Pirate Captain, now our turrets aren't worthless when someone drags the mobs to the other side of a cursed skull or they spawn on the wrong side. Been waiting for this change for like a year or more.

ForsakenHero
07-01-2017, 03:24 AM
You guys NN farmers worried about not been able to exploit skulls any longer and im here like:
http://i.imgur.com/D3n1Ipe.gif

Also: The Vial of Unleashed Power now has a 10 second cooldown.

R.I.P
http://i.imgur.com/3SeIN4e.jpg

kaizer killer
07-01-2017, 07:26 AM
That means attacks go through the skulls too and not block the way?

FaeBeiBei
07-01-2017, 07:51 AM
Vial of Unleashed
RIP my tomb raiser. ...plz at least remove hp drain debuff in u st.

Chronozilla
07-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Also: The Vial of Unleashed Power now has a 10 second cooldown.

It's sad that another item had to get nerfed like that, but really, it was necessary: Cheesy tomb raisers would have trivialised the new bosses had the vial stayed like it was.
Would you rather other pieces of the combo that players used outside of it got nerfed? Chronomatic? unyielding? zealous? any of those would have caused a far bigger uproar.

ForsakenHero
07-01-2017, 09:10 AM
It's sad that another item had to get nerfed like that, but really, it was necessary: Cheesy tomb raisers would have trivialised the new bosses had the vial stayed like it was.
Would you rather other pieces of the combo that players used outside of it got nerfed? Chronomatic? unyielding? zealous? any of those would have caused a far bigger uproar.
If theres a problem with the Tomb Raiser why not fix him instead of nerfing a vial (which use was pretty limited to begin with) and affect other classes.

Chronozilla
07-01-2017, 09:28 AM
If theres a problem with the Tomb Raiser why not fix him instead of nerfing a vial (which use was pretty limited to begin with) and affect other classes.

The problem wasn't inherently with anything, it was a combination of items with a class that caused a problem, and to avoid the class or the popular emblems taking a hit, unleashed had to go.

fruitie
07-01-2017, 04:28 PM

Too be fair people do say how things are too easy and should be fixed etc, but then at the same time people look for the easy route anyway and ask for high pr groups or when stuff like weeping prophet was hard they'd abuse the fact that eyes don't spawn so much when cornered, or class mechanics like the TR or CB class gem exploit. In the end I'm not sure it needed to be nerfed further, it's basically completely useless now despite its expensive compared to other flasks and really enemies are not going to be designed as challenging anyway. There's no teamwork or decision making other than someone tanks. Any form of 'challenge' isn't really good design in my opinion. Having said that I haven't actually tested shadow towers on pts since it's something that would demotivate me faster than seeing it new.

MostlyPanda
07-02-2017, 05:07 PM
You guys misunderstood me. I'm actually dying of laughter.

The amount of times since Class Gems arrived I've told Neon Ninjas that this must be a bug what they are doing... I was called an idiot, a noob, and other not so friendly nicknames. But today is my day :D

I'm the one laughing at the end :D I. WAS. RIGHT.

Kitzun
07-02-2017, 06:25 PM
You guys misunderstood me. I'm actually dying of laughter.

The amount of times since Class Gems arrived I've told Neon Ninjas that this must be a bug what they are doing... I was called an idiot, a noob, and other not so friendly nicknames. But today is my day :D

I'm the one laughing at the end :D I. WAS. RIGHT.
It would make sense an altar with a big bunch of skulls block lines of sight and also block hits, it is an existing furniture after all.

But it is not a BEING, so it makes little sense it can be used to stack charges or drop anything.

Ibita
07-02-2017, 07:46 PM
"Unleased power vial" is not the real issue. So I believe nerfing it is a rushed decision.

The real bug is the interaction of Chronomancer ally + Chronomantic emblem combo on TR's ultimate, which makes it have zero cooldown and this only happens on TR, not any other class.

Chronozilla
07-03-2017, 01:43 AM
"Unleased power vial" is not the real issue. So I believe nerfing it is a rushed decision.

The real bug is the interaction of Chronomancer ally + Chronomantic emblem combo on TR's ultimate, which makes it have zero cooldown and this only happens on TR, not any other class.

Unleashed was the only flask that allowed you to go for an indefinite period of time with it, and have you avoid pressing q at all.

Kitzun
07-03-2017, 03:03 AM
Unleashed was the only flask that allowed you to go for an indefinite period of time with it, and have you avoid pressing q at all.
The real design problem come from Chronomantic removing a flat amount of cooldown and not a percentage imo, it make it useless on many and mandatory on some others.

SunnyD
07-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Perhaps changing the way agro worked would be a better solution to a blanket nerf.

As it was, having minimal dps was a good tradeoff to TR cheestank. Putting it last on the agro list may have worked better... Not saying Trove currently has an understandable or even existent agro system.