PDA

View Full Version : Complete PS4 freeze requiring unplug

Geniuskills
03-15-2017, 03:45 PM
I am quite disappointed after the latest update. Each update has caused more and more issues with my ps4 pro, with the game currently running more poorly than ever. Now to add to that, since the release Tuesday, my system has completely frozen multiple times. Not even holding the power button will restart or turn off the machine, I am forced to painfully unplug it while it's running. I have not once experienced this with any other game, and I am concerned it is going to damage my machine. There is never anything specific happening when it occurs, it appears to be random. I have another friend who has experienced the same thing as well with his regular ps4, also since the update, so I know it is not specifically related to the pro.

Hesk
03-15-2017, 11:48 PM
Hello! Please submit a support ticket at support.trionworlds.com so that our Technical Support team can troubleshoot the issue with you.

Nubasaurus
03-16-2017, 08:56 PM
This has happened to me twice as well. The game crashes with typical error code, then puts you back to the PS4 home screen but system is no longer responsive. The only way out is to pull the plug.

n3m3s1s
03-19-2017, 08:18 AM
This has also happened to my PS4 Pro at least 3 times after patch. I don't require a physical unplug but it still does require a similarly hard-drive affecting "hold the Power button down until it cuts power off" resolution that triggers the "You're PS4 was not shut down properly" databases diagnostic check thing upon restart!

Are you're updates being tested with only standard PS4s or with Pros too?....... because my Pro has crashed more with the last two patches than prior.

Synsorrow
03-19-2017, 08:40 AM
I see some of you posted how it's affecting your PS4 Pros I have a regular PS4 and I have experienced the same things you are. I've had at least 5 or more crashes a day and suffered 4 crashes causing me to have to unplug.

quip1337x
03-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Jeeezus 4 unplugs? thats really bad for our hardware. I just had my first PS4 freeze with trove. i have a 500gig. i wasnt doing anything but looking at craftable dragons in the hub. You have to fix this guys. First the game crashed. My ps4 froze when the error report screen would not pop up after the game crashed. Im not going to submit a suport ticket on your site. i tryed and it was a hassle. Enugh people have the same problem. Who will pay for my ps4 when it wont work anymore because of multiple unplugs? it happend to my ps3. trove out of beta?

decyphersmc
03-20-2017, 07:45 AM
happened to my regular PS4 as well, I think twice now. Crashes, then the PS says "please waiting one moment…" which goes on forever. Try to close the application and then it basically just freezes up completely requiring unplug.

quip1337x
03-21-2017, 09:37 AM
im up to 3 unplugs. and when i awoke this morning all my settings for ps4 were gone. i had to re log into my psn and reset my internet connection settings and everything else. I don't know about all of you, but i have spent $250 on trove and i wont be spending anymore untill this is fixed. My ps4 never froze before trove.

Karlp12345
03-21-2017, 09:37 PM
Yup I am now on the second time my game froze during a blue screen and I had to unplug the power cable from the ps4. This is absolutely rediculous.

quip1337x
03-23-2017, 07:24 AM
Just got my support ticket back from trion worlds. in so many words this is what they said. "were sorry for the inconvienience. try Deleting and reinstalling your trove application." i have a feeling it will take more than a reinstall to fix this problem.

Karlp12345
03-23-2017, 09:42 AM
Well if this keeps happening I'm reporting this to playstation. This is absolutely rediculous. After enough times my ps4 could just stop working.

FunHorror
03-23-2017, 10:28 AM
Well if this keeps happening I'm reporting this to playstation. This is absolutely rediculous. After enough times my ps4 could just stop working.

Why wait for your PS4 to brick out, if there is an issue bring it up so it can get resolved.

Karlp12345
03-23-2017, 07:43 PM
That's what this thread is for. I know plenty of people that this keeps happening to. Unis tallinn the game and reinstall does not work. That's why none have replied on this post. The more complaints we get the more they will actually look into it.

kv4920
03-23-2017, 08:03 PM
I am complaining too, i just started playing trove about 2 weeks ago and i enjoy the game very much, and i have a ps4 pro that i play it on and just a couple of minutes ago i did my second hurtful unplug because trove froze it and not even holding the power button worked. I just had spent $50 yesterday and it hurts that the game is doing this and im scared to play because I don't want to put my ps4 pro in danger. Plz keep adding to this thred to help trove fix this problem!

s_mcgeown
03-23-2017, 08:24 PM
This has also started happening to me just today. I have had to unplug my ps4 twice. Both occasions where after a crash of the game. After the game crashed my ps4 would not load the game back up but instead froze.

Piwanatwin
03-24-2017, 12:29 AM
This has happened to me twice as well. Both times while i was doing the shadow tower. Game crashed and then the ps4 completely froze up, had to hold down the power button and then wait for it to do the diagnostics. I have a 1tb ps4 and its never frozen on me before.

quip1337x
03-24-2017, 07:37 AM
the freezes doesnt seem to be cause by any activity in game. trove seems to crash out then freezez when the error report screen fails to load. ----once again---- Don't let them tell you to submit a ticket. it does no good. they just tell you to reinstall the app and that does not work. i wont be spending anymore money untill this is fixed. also the lockout club locked glitch kills me when i lighten my wallet for a game that harms my hardware. after a complete ps4 freeze my ps4's settings were all wiped out. beware of the trove ps4 freeze. anyone else have an old ps3 that wont work because of multiple unplugs?

Karlp12345
03-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Right support tickets aren't going to fix this. Trion is constantly on here seeing this. As I also know this has happend to many other people. Please get this fixed. We love the game. Just not the constant crashing.

WeekendInsomniac
03-26-2017, 04:16 AM
Game freezes on me and my friend rather often.

Kindaah
03-26-2017, 10:37 PM
Happend to my ps4 pro multiple times as well.. so disappointing

Buzzkillington
03-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Happened to me twice last week (normal ps4 not pro). I've been sending off reports when trove crashes normally and the ps4 gives you an option to send screenshot/video etc, but that's not possible when the whole system crashes.

Mooncloud
03-28-2017, 03:54 AM
Same issue. Mine is regular PS4 that is barely a year old. I crashed at least 2 to 3 times per hour. Daily i played 4 to 8 hours. This resulted in a painful PS4 not responding at least twice daily. My PS4 has never ever froze before till i play trove. I submitted ticket too.

Efealius
03-28-2017, 07:13 AM
This has definitely happened to me as well and i just have a regular PS4 so honestly its clear that the problem is on their side. Lets just hope its not hurting the system... Its definitely not good though. Hopefully they will be fixing this issue in the upcoming patch

Validusx
03-31-2017, 03:43 AM
Yep same here....ever since the update I have unplugged 5 times.....and crash 5-7 times a day....I can actually watch gameplay slow to a crawl, including the sound, then finally freeze. PS4 slim......go back to beta platform till u guys figure this out!

Theuglyone
03-31-2017, 09:06 AM
First day ps4. Never crashes or any problems on any games till trove.

1. New land generating with many players normally the hourly dragon quest
2. St in the larger areas as I enter the portal
3. Large group farming moving from one area to a new area that's loading

Once crashed and reloaded the game runs fine till one of the above comes around again

Can happen back to back to back or not at all if I'm not doing the above

quip1337x
04-03-2017, 07:20 AM
up to about 5 ps4 unplugs. Not cool. Trion Worlds Needs to admit there a PS4 harming bug in trove. Its not fair to anyone. It would likely hurt revenue for trion worlds but its the RIGHT thing to do. Very ashamed by Trion worlds right now. I have advice that might hold water =) Complain to playstation or sony. write an email. write a review. Tell them there is a game that is doing repeated Harm to your expencive hardware. Maybe it will get through to someone that this needs to be fixed asap. The patch notes for this week are: Maybe fix some crashes. Maybe fix some server stability. no notes on these system breaking bugs.

DanielRevenJ
09-14-2017, 12:17 PM
Glad I found a thread on this as the one I made a while ago was taken down no idea why, I've been playing trove quite a bit which could be a reason why my old PS4 broke due to the game crashing constantly every day I played it they said their game was safe and not harmful to the PS4 system until one day I logged on upgrading one of my gems and boom PS4 froze but then I went to turn it back on it would show a blue light then go off then back on to a white light and say my system storage is corrupted so I even tried to replace it and the same message would appear I emailed trion about it and they failed to admit that it is the game being faulty they completely ignored my email telling me to and how to reinstall the game when my console was unable to load the menu whatsoever so a month of hard working later I get a PS4 Pro and I'm still having the same problems let's face it they say they fix crashes in updates etc I've experienced way more crashes than just playing the beta I would highly suggest please be careful of this game since downloaded on my ps4 pro it's now acting up ONLY when I play trove any other game is fine runs smoothly

Rainbow Sombrero
09-20-2017, 03:23 AM
I can't believe so many people are having this problem and they still haven't responded sensibly to anyone about it.

I have also had this problem, more so since Trove went 'Live' and since the Megalithic and Eclipse updates. It's happened to me about 5/6 times, and has also happened to 3 other people I know. One of them followed the advice of Trion and reinstalled his game, and it made it worse.

I've noticed I get more errors on Monday and Saturday, probably the two days more people are playing (particularly when the hourly challenge starts), but the unplug crash happens any time. It seems to be random. I play Trove less now as I worry about it damaging my PS4 (regular not pro). Like everybody else on this thread, I've never had this happen with any other game.

It's a shame because the game is actually quite a nice one to play, but it's ruined by the plague of errors that accompany it and the seeming lack of interest/communication from Trion to repair it.