PDA

View Full Version : **Fasti*** Why we need Game Masters!

Alittlespent
02-20-2017, 09:13 PM
We need game masters or players that can moderate chats / game exploiters and scammers...

All chats are becoming a problem... Toxic players continuing to put other people down, spamming chat selling flux / glim / items for $$, posting links to websites, adertising other websites ect, scammers,
Its starting to affect the community, good helpful players leaving.... Patrons leaving the game, more negativity in chat. People need to be banned from chat on the spot for spamming, rude comments, bad language ect for xxx amount of time....

You guys cant tell me you dont agree....

Hesk
02-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Hello! For any of the issues you mentioned, please submit a support ticket at support.trionworlds.com so our Customer Service team can investigate and, if appropriate, action the offenders.

FilliVanilli
02-21-2017, 09:11 PM
Still waiting 5+ days for a reply to my ticket about the dormant pinata dragon egg you guys let drop in game but you don't have the items in game to hatch it so I got screwed out of 184k #boycotttrion

Alittlespent
02-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Still waiting 5+ days for a reply to my ticket about the dormant pinata dragon egg you guys let drop in game but you don't have the items in game to hatch it so I got screwed out of 184k #boycotttrion

They will adress your issues sometimes takes a bit. But they will, be patient, your not the only one this is effecting, but remember it is beta and the update is on the horizon!

Alittlespent
02-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Hello! For any of the issues you mentioned, please submit a support ticket at support.trionworlds.com so our Customer Service team can investigate and, if appropriate, action the offenders.

Umm id rather have dedicated moderators... Submiting a ticket everytime seems like a job... And it shouldnt be my sole responcability to take my time to submit a ticket... Trion should wantvto peotect its investment, hire players to do so. Give them incentive to moderate for xx hours per week. Ive put in my fair share of tickets already, i will continue to contribute to a positive trove community. Please take my suggestion to consideration.

MoneyManMitch
02-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Umm id rather have dedicated moderators... Submiting a ticket everytime seems like a job... And it shouldnt be my sole responcability to take my time to submit a ticket... Trion should wantvto peotect its investment, hire players to do so. Give them incentive to moderate for xx hours per week. Ive put in my fair share of tickets already, i will continue to contribute to a positive trove community. Please take my suggestion to consideration.

I agree, I do mass reportings on my stream with 20+ people easily and the gold selling bot that spams trade chat everyday is still there. I'd love to have dedicated mods with the power to mute characters/accounts in game only ofc.

Alittlespent
02-23-2017, 08:51 PM
Good to see someone taking the time to reply to this post and agree with it as well.... Unlike trion who wants me to send them an endless trove of tickets to every single player that needs to be moderated... 1 it will take weeks for them to get to mu ticket and 2 i feel like they wont do anything about it anways...

Nevan
02-27-2017, 09:49 AM

"You guys let drop" "screwed out of 184k"... how did you get screwed out of your 184K? if the item dropped for you?

SuperShiva
02-27-2017, 09:56 AM
I aggree with most of the stuff written here. Trion could get some of us, active players to actually moderate some chats and player behaviours, also to test stuff in game and inform immediatly the team so we dont have to wait a ton of time for them to read the ticket, take care of it and answer it...
I mean, this ST bug today, DOTM cant be finished, with a simple small team of players / moderators / testers that would be solved before comin to live, or at least solved in the first hours. That would prevent 50 tickets on this matter so yes.
I vote for this one too :)

TROVE LOVEEEE ♥

Substantial hit
02-27-2017, 11:54 AM
You know here's to facts for you,
Fact one:) don't buy anything without doing research especially if it's over 100k flux
Fact two:) that egg is going to be over 600k when the piniata s come around to actually start hatching it. They go for 500-650k flux on PC. So be thankful you're saving money.

ICEDFIREZ
03-18-2017, 10:21 AM
I also talked with a Trion support person about player moderators a few weeks back when the "Ring Shop" was in trade chat. They said it was a possibility in the future but wasn't an active project as of now and they will make it public for application if they do go through with it.

Wulf 359
05-15-2017, 10:45 AM

I see a couple of problems with this way of handling things, and why (I have submitted pretty much the same exact idea Fasti) that actual live chat mods are needed, sooner rather than later.

First off, the in game report option is helpful, as is the ignore, to a point. The specific problem is the ignore list, in my case at least, isn't close to big enough, because it is apparently full.

The report option says report submitted, and that the player is being ignored, and yet the "ignored" poster's messages are still being seen. The ignore choice, I think, just goes directly to the PSN side of the house, but has little to nothing to do with the game chat itself, based on the above mentioned issues.

Second, I don't know about other players, but I do not always happen to have the PC going while playing a PS4 game, and it's probably the same in the Xbox world too. I don't have one so I don't know. Even if it (PC) is running, like right now, it is a pain in the XXX (self censored) to have to be able to TRY to read the chat close enough to be able to repeat the char name used accurately so that the wrong person doesn't get blasted for something they didn't do. But the hassle of having to switch to the other system when a solution can be had IN PLACE is not right. It is done (sometimes not well) in other free 2 play games like Warframe, which has active chat mods, but also a chat "bot" monitor which has hiccups sometimes, but is still better than nothing.

Another game which I used to play, Guild Wars, their chat system (in 1 or 2, don't remember for sure) automatically switched the post to the trade channel if it had WTS or WTB in the post, so people were getting creative in their posts by spacing it out, as the people trying to bypass the profanity filter do by doing the same thing with the banned words. I personally have the filter turned off, because it doesn't bother me either way. But either way, this is another concrete example of when having a live in place chat mod would be very helpful.

This appears to be a runaround solution from what I have seen. I have reported in game, and I have also submitted (repeatedly in some cases) support tickets. The boilerplate response in e-mail is "go look at the forums" and now in the forums, you are telling us to submit a ticket. Either your communication skills are really bad, and you can't just point us in a specific location to go to with these issues where something will actually get done about it, QUICKLY, or else you actually have no intention of fixing the problem that exists because you don't think it is something that will make you money. I am really hoping it isn't the second, because whether you realize it or not, what appears to be your lack of addressing the issue IS affecting your bottom line, by driving away people who might have otherwise spent real money getting more stuff for a game they might otherwise enjoy.

Something needs to be done, OTHER THAN "submit a ticket" here, and then doing so and that ticket response being "check the forums".

I have offered an alternative solution in one of my many responses (after being told in a form letter e-mail "the problem is fixed", it isn't) to one instance of this issue, and that is if money is an issue, to ask for volunteers from the player base who would share the load across the week, give them specific accounts separate from their player account for chat modding so that a couple of things happen. One, ability to have the chat posts show in a different color so that it is not seen as regular players just posting stuff. And two, it allows the mods to be tracked, how much time they are in, easier to see in game chat to see if they are doing the job correctly or not, and either restrict or outright kick them out of the chat mod program if they abuse it, and so on.

Trade chat spammers of global have even tried to use as an excuse they are posting trade in global because of the spammers in trade. So it is even affecting the people who by extension are causing issues with the regular chat channel because someone is doing the same to them.

I have even figured out the seen end of things for you, to a point. Get people who chat mod, with specific accounts for the task. Make it so that, like the other channels, their chat is seen in a different color. Easy to identify in chat, so that players know the difference. If cost is a concern, ask for players who are willing to volunteer to be chat mods, helps keeps your cost down, but still implements a solution that shows you are at least TRYING to do something about the problem. Also, allows tracking of the used accounts, seeing how often they are online/working.

Make the system (this is more back end of things) so that the above mentioned mods can either select a ban level depending on the severity, or make it an automatic type of thing where first time, player gets a verbal warning showing on their screen or in their chat. Second offense, either just another visual notice, or kicked from the channel, but only long enough to make it an annoyance, along with verbal/visual notice of WHY they were kicked. Third and future offenses, banned from the channel or possibly game (this should only be done by official representatives of game owners, not volunteer mods) depending on the severity of the offense for longer and longer amounts of time (5 mins, 1/2 hour, 2 hours, etc) each time.

Bottom line Trion, or Blind Squirrel, or whoever is responsible for this situation continuing, please solve this existing problem before you drive off all of your player base by inaction.

Desultory
05-16-2017, 09:32 AM
This is an interesting topic, so I'm replying mostly to bump it, but I have a couple thoughts, too...

I see a couple of problems with this way of handling things, and why (I have submitted pretty much the same exact idea Fasti) that actual live chat mods are needed, sooner rather than later.

Altogether, your post was long but I promise I read it, lol - and frankly, I agree with you on all counts, so I'm not going to add too much. I am formally a WoW player, and their GMs helped make the entire game better. They knew how to talk and joke with the community, but they also were there for customer service, first and foremost. Their GMs didn't just watch for inappropriate gameplay, they responded to all tickets. They tried to catch you in game and talk to you about your issue, and be involved with the community. They would take you seriously and address your issue, usually right away if they could. And if it was a player who was causing you problems, they would tell you what they intended to do - but they also had chat logs to back up your concerns, instead of just "screenshot it." While the running joke was to grab a GM and ask for a funny, they were always swell people to talk to and they took their job seriously.

Obviously, one of the major differences is the company itself - Blizzard is a much larger company than I expect Trion to be, and they have a lot of experience. But there's something to be learned from good customer service. Spammers, griefers, generally awful people to play around, make the whole community come down. I'm sure many people would volunteer to help if needed, as long as you have a proper screening process. And yes, bots are always better than nothing - at least they can be updated if they're not doing it right.

And another point I saw in here;

You know here's to facts for you,
Fact one:) don't buy anything without doing research especially if it's over 100k flux
Fact two:) that egg is going to be over 600k when the piniata s come around to actually start hatching it. They go for 500-650k flux on PC. So be thankful you're saving money.

184k is a great deal for a Pinata egg, even now. It is craftable, if you are high enough on the leaderboards to get a Party Animal (although I take it you're not). However, in the next update, those eggs are going to be worth so much more as they will remove that requirement and they'll all be craftable to the common player. Their value is about to change dramatically, and yes, frankly, this his been a known issue; I have a friend who's been sitting on his egg patiently for two months already.

MoneyManMitch
05-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Glad to see this post still getting action. Now more than ever the game is in desperate need of these mods tbh. Spammers are in full throttle, the trade chat on console has gotten so toxic and disgusting; it would probably melt your eyes if you looked at it these days. I quit for about a month but just recently came back in preparation for the megalithic update. Nothing has changed in the community except the dwindling player count and almost every gold name in the game has nothing but the most toxic of attitudes. I still stream the game with an average of 10 viewers and hit as many 70+ for the game pretty often. Still those mass reports achieve nothing through xbox or the game.