PDA

View Full Version : 20K Health -- Power Rank 1,100

K O L A P S E
02-08-2017, 11:44 PM
Hello Everyone!

I started playing the Trove beta for Xbox One a few weeks ago. I have checked out several other characters (FT, NN, IM, SH, Lunar on Mac after re-downloading Steam). I wanted to try something none of my buddies nor me have tried--thus, the Revenant.

In my research, that I do for every character build, learned that Revenant mostly needs
Max Health as a stat. Presumably that is for the SPIRIT SPEARS power (right-bumper for Xbox One).

Two Questions:

a) Why Does It Seem As Though SPIRIT SPEARS doesn't do much...?

b) Am I prioritizing correctly? I.e. 1) Max Health, 2) Physical Damage, 3) Crit. Damage
[Of course "jump" is really number one. I just think its one of those jokes that will make the Trove Veterans cringe.]

Thanks!

-K O L A P S E

BuschXD
02-09-2017, 06:09 AM
Hi K O L A P S E,
a) that's because you do damage based on your maximum health. (20%) So if you have 20k, you will do around 4k damage. As you will have more health, you will deal more damage.

b) If you want to be a Tank , build healthregen, max health, max health %, movement speed, energyregen.
How?
Hat:
1. Max health
2. Health regen
3. % Max health
4. Movement Speed

Weapon:
1. Physical damage
2. % max health
3. Health regen
4. energy regen

Face:
1. Max health
2. health regen
3. % Max health
4. Movement speed

I hope this helped you out.

Regards
BuschXD

Shyne_7
02-09-2017, 06:45 AM
Health regeneration is truly useless when you have a high health already, it's like trading a good damage aka maybe you can say physical damage or other stat that is actually better for a health regeneration which is useless when enemies already atk you about 100k per minion, you only regenerate about 20k per sec as example. Which is pretty bad.

BuschXD
02-09-2017, 07:58 AM
I talked about a Tank-only build.
The purpose of a Tank is to last as long as possible not doing damage.
And with the health regen he lasts longer, unless health regen is useless in your opinion.
Maybe health regen isn't good within a fight, but after a fight he regenerates really fast what let's him last longer (don't need so many potions).

Unknown0
02-09-2017, 08:30 AM
You do know revs dont have energy. So energy regeneration is not needed whatso ever. I main a rev and i get told all the time my health regen is a useless stat. But the way i see it use i currently have 375k health and nowhere near being a complete build health regen negates damage witch helps me tank better. To be the perfect rev tank u need to be healing urself faster then the damage ur taking. I promise you i can tank better then a rev without health regen. I try to go for:
Maximum health
Maximum health%
Health regen
Physical damage
Attack speed
With the prowling cat u help with healing urself cause he gives u life steal on top of ur basic attack already giving u life steal. As u can see thats why i run attack speed and physical damage. Cause the faster and harder i hit the more im keeping my health at max.

Bonah
02-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Please don't listen to anyone telling you to build health regen. Revenant does not nor will it ever need health regen. Pretty sure no class makes use of it. And endgame revenant can survive more or less forever with Valorous vials, the proper ally, and a high enough hp pool/critical hit, all without ever using the main attack (right trigger)

AshBringer
02-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Please don't listen to anyone telling you to build health regen. Revenant does not nor will it ever need health regen. Pretty sure no class makes use of it. And endgame revenant can survive more or less forever with Valorous vials, the proper ally, and a high enough hp pool/critical hit, all without ever using the main attack (right trigger)

Ditto. Health regeneration needs a rework right now, and you're better off going with other stats

LippyLapras
02-09-2017, 02:13 PM
And with the health regen he lasts longer, unless health regen is useless in your opinion.
Maybe health regen isn't good within a fight, but after a fight he regenerates really fast what let's him last longer (don't need so many potions).

Health Regen is a completely useless stat. PC Players have long asked for the devs to rework it because of just how bad of a stat it is. The devs have been working on a rework but we have no info as to what it is.

K O L A P S E
02-09-2017, 10:22 PM

Hey Busch,

Thanks for your reply! What would be a good build if I wanted to focus more on maximum DPS?

K O L A P S E
02-09-2017, 10:23 PM

Thanks for your reply! Okay, I'll take your advice into account.

BuschXD
02-10-2017, 12:04 AM
Hey Busch,

Thanks for your reply! What would be a good build if I wanted to focus more on maximum DPS?

Hi K O L A P S E,
my suggestion is to focus on max health, %max health, physical damage, critical damage and a bit critical hit.
This is in my opinion the best for DPS as you need as much health as possible for 'Spirit Spears'.