PDA

View Full Version : Pve incentive for PvP @ Trion

Alittlespent
02-07-2017, 02:48 AM
We need some type of random pve chest drops in pvp to get people doing more pvp, like a gladiator chest that gives random loot eyes styles texture blocks anything... Maybe similar to miners chest or adventure chest.... Then we would see alot more pvp!! Ive creates some good arenas and cant get much time to play them cause nobody wants to pvp..... If interested i have a club portal directly to individual arenas hit me up and @ Trion make this happen!!!

Gt: alittlespent
Aka: paddlejockey

xirathonxbox
02-08-2017, 02:52 AM
I disagree, if you enjoy pvp then pvp, if you do not then don't it is that simple. If no one wants to PVP, it may not be the reward system, but instead the gameplay type or imbalance that people aren't interested in and needs to be addressed instead.

Zhero Stryfe
02-08-2017, 06:50 AM
I disagree, if you enjoy pvp then pvp, if you do not then don't it is that simple. If no one wants to PVP, it may not be the reward system, but instead the gameplay type or imbalance that people aren't interested in and needs to be addressed instead.

This is what I felt was an issue in PvP, I wanted to PvP however my first time in the CTF arena was horrible, seemed as if I did no damage and was instantly nuked. Granted I did go in at LvL 20 so I'm sure that had ALOT to do with it. But on the same note, experiences such as that would keep more people from just playing at all. I will try it again when my PR is much... much higher.

Market
02-08-2017, 07:59 AM
This is what I felt was an issue in PvP, I wanted to PvP however my first time in the CTF arena was horrible, seemed as if I did no damage and was instantly nuked. Granted I did go in at LvL 20 so I'm sure that had ALOT to do with it. But on the same note, experiences such as that would keep more people from just playing at all. I will try it again when my PR is much... much higher.

PvP doesn't take stats/PR from normal adventure mode. There are banners that add PvP-only stats, but any gear or gems you have on your character are not figured into your PvP matches.

I think most of the difficulty they've run into with this mode in Trove is that adding incentives to the matches themselves will usually result in more people afk'ing... thereby making the experience even worse for those who want to actually play the game mode. I'm sure something could be considered, but it would have to be done so very carefully.

SuperShiva
02-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Ye i dont think that would be the solution to get PVP more active. PVP is pretty fun, the thing missing is some balance between classes and some classes ultimates nerfed cause they one shot ppl (example Candy Barbarian ultimate, Dino Tamer Ultimate, Pirate Captain ultimate, these skills are way too op for PVP to seem fair atm). Anyway is a very cool way of playing and its something different than the usual grind monsters, dungeons ,minibosses, etc...

Gr1mPulse
02-09-2017, 11:08 AM
I also disagree on this happening. Games like this tend to be better off keeping them separate to prevent PvE players only there for rewards from breaking the game and/or ruining the fun for PvP players.

Additionally, there are seven incentives already in the game that can be used in PvE, or anywhere for that matter. Four mounts, two auras and a set of wings.

AshBringer
02-09-2017, 11:58 AM
I like the idea of pvp styles, to go along with the mounts and the set of wings.

Black_Hood
02-13-2017, 06:21 PM
I like pvp, since it is indeed quite balance for me, they dont have anything to do with pr, ao it's all about game machanics. However alot of new players wouldn't got the same experience in game machanics as some others, so when they use basic attack to go against someone's nuke...it just bad xD
I do go easy when I play pvp and met the group of new pvp players to give them good experience but that isn't the topic here

The point is I think more ways should be inprove for pvp such as having a decent matchmaking program. For example two portals should be apply in the arena house, where one is for players with pvp lv 1-25. The second one is for players 25-50. And if they plan to make the pvp lv cap goes higher, then there could be the 50+ PVP portal
Either you force them to be only able to join their according portal, or just code it in the game idk (although clubworld portals remain the same)
This should devide the group into different 'difficulty': Beginner, Intermiediate and advance. This will make not only the matchmaking seems fair, but also gives th new players the warm up, build up and then the enjoyment to the unloved feature. Honestly it's just differance in gaming experience that makes people think pvp is horrible because they met players with knowledge of which skill can one shot or not

Smitherloo
02-14-2017, 05:35 AM
I don't play PVP. It is dull and boring to me. I will say that even if they added rewards to PVP, I sill would not play it.

Hanoth
02-15-2017, 11:43 AM
PvP on console is dire. Almost no one plays it, the wait if your not on at peak time is awful. So yeah, I wholeheartedly agree with adding PvE rewards if it in turn motivates more people to play PvP.

Alittlespent
02-15-2017, 12:45 PM
PvP on console is dire. Almost no one plays it, the wait if your not on at peak time is awful. So yeah, I wholeheartedly agree with adding PvE rewards if it in turn motivates more people to play PvP.

Someone see's, finally!!!!!