PDA

View Full Version : Refer-a-friend

TheRallykiller
02-06-2017, 01:36 PM
So despite having 2 friends use refer-a-friend links for the PS4 version of the game, I was informed that this feature is not present/applicable to console beta versions.

I have put considerable $$$$ into the game, as have the two friends I sent refer-a links to. I hope the meager benefits and rewards offered by the referral program are retroactively applied to appropriately reward those of us who have "sold" this game to paying players.

decimalator
02-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Ditto. I've brought in several "gold crown" players. Some of my friends have even used the refer-a-friend, and of course I get nothing.

TheRallykiller
02-08-2017, 12:39 PM
I think there is a communication issue, and ethical issue. Both of which need to be addressed. The rewards aren't game-breaking or incredibly lucrative either; just "fun;" I don't see why they couldn't start implementing the referral system and retroactively rewards players who brought others in - especially paying players.

TheRallykiller
02-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Here is the latest response from a Trion support rep:

Feb 6, 15:31 CST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Trove and for the updated information.

I do apologize for any confusion or frustration caused by this issue with the refer-a-friend system but I am afraid customer support simply wouldn't have that type of information to provide. This is only something development would be able to address and to my knowledge, no such information has yet been announced. As such, I would recommend keeping an eye on the forums, specifically the announcement section or even patch notes for any updates to this issue.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Trove.

Your reference number for this ticket is

So, the refer-a-friend option is pimped by Trion but NEVER clarified in official forums, announcements, or on the site re: the console beta's inability to properly implement the feature.