PDA

View Full Version : Golden Keys and Chests

TheRallykiller
02-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Admittedly I've been in an exchange with Trion Worlds' customer support over the role/use of Golden Keys and potentially bugged adventure-tier chests.

According to customer support, third party sites - the only source for thorough game information - are not perceived as reliable. My issue is that the in-game chat, official forums, and official site have 0 information on Golden Keys and what chests they can be used on. As a free-to-play title with revenue driven by a small percentage of active users, AND being one of those users, I was hoping we could get some clarification on many of the more "unclear" in-game items.

Athel Asher
02-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Check Trovesaurus or the trove wiki.
Golden keys can only be used on Chaos Chest and adventure chest.

I don't understand why this is in the bug section, this is more of a question, not a bug at all.

TheRallykiller
02-08-2017, 12:44 PM
No, the Trove wiki is where there is misinformation. The golden keys work on Chaos and Adventure Chests, but "adventure chests" include Giants Winter Chests (according to those sources) and others that are affected by the weekly Adventure Chest Bonus day. Also, Trove Wiki and trovesaurus ARE NOT recognized sites of authority or accuracy in the eyes of Trion Worlds - they are 3rd Party Sites - according to the CS rep (this was in my post).

Athel, I visited the wiki and vetted my information at the time of purchase. Now, the wiki entry has been edited but there is still contradiction on the site. This is a bug if the intended application of the in-game item is broken. Furthermore, chests that cannot have keys used on them should have key options removed from the interface.

TheRallykiller
02-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Here is the most recent response from a rep re: what Golden Keys can be used on after I requested the rep provide information that is "official" if the Trove Wiki and Trovesaurus are unreliable 3rd party sites.

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding Trove. I do apologize for the difficulties that you’ve encountered; I understand how frustrating this can be.

We understand you have questions in regards to the game and specific items; however Customer Support is unable to give hints regarding locations or walkthroughs on in-game content. We highly advise reviewing the forums, asking your fellow players, or continuing to explore the game to find out more.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Trove. Your reference number for this question is

If it isn't perceived as a bug, and if the only semi-reliable information is on 3rd party sites, something needs to be done about Golden Keys and/or chests.

Athel Asher
02-11-2017, 09:45 AM
So the issue here is you don't know exactly what Golden Keys can be used on, and your complaint is that 3rd Party Websites are not up to date because clearly informed by Trove players. And because you want the game to walk you through it like a baby.

Regardless what you can't use the key on, if said chest can't have the key used on it, use it on something you can and you want to use the key on.