PDA

View Full Version : Game is far too pay to win to invest any more time into

deaftones
02-06-2017, 07:31 AM
Title pretty much sums it up, I have about 120 hours on the xbox beta and am currently level 25 with a PR of 2350, I grinded up enough mats to get a fully pearled radiant weapon, my hat/face are fully pearled S5's and I have an S4 shadow ring. Although I have spent hours and hours grinding away for mats and gear, it is now impossible for me to increase my PR unless I spend real money on empowered gem shop items as I already opened my two boxes from ST and got squat. It's completely absurd that a guy in my club who has 100 hours less than me is 3000 PR higher because he spent 100$ on the game. Also, Patron gives far too many bonuses which means if you can't afford to buy it, you'll get left in the dust. I love the game, but sadly after 120 hours I feel it's time to say goodbye. I'm not going to waste 20+ dollars hoping for empowered gems and I'm not wasting money on Patron just so that I can grind more effectively (and let's face it this game is 90% grinding, it gets old). This company reminds me a lot of Nexon and how they ran Maplestory into the ground with all the pay to win micro transactions. It's a good game, but you hit a wall pretty hard and fast if you don't funnel money into the game. For this reason alone I sadly don't see this game truly flourishing like it could if it were not so pay to win. Take this rant however you want, fare the well.

Shyne_7
02-06-2017, 07:47 AM
Yeah, if you want to be a f2p player, You need to invest your time into the game like alot.
But if you're too lazy to play or maybe you can't spend that much time and you want to be an f2p. Just collect Weekly rewards every week, Daily rewards and maybe 2x Hourly challanges.

Multilateral
02-06-2017, 08:00 AM
If you can't put in the money, you have to put in the time.

deaftones
02-06-2017, 08:11 AM
I could put in as much time as I want, it would make no difference as you can only get lunar souls once per week for empowered gem boxes unless you spend money. I already have all of my professions maxed and have caught every rare fish in the game as well other than the one lava fish that you need 2500 pr for. The only thing I could do at this point would be to grind water and air zones for the "perfect" gems until next week, and I'm just not going to do that for the measly 100 PR boost it would give as it is monotonous and boring. The game is entirely pay to win.

AshBringer
02-06-2017, 08:34 AM
Farm flux and buy patron on the marketplace.

NotWhoItSeems
02-06-2017, 08:35 AM
if this game is pay to win, I am doing something wrong :s

fruitie
02-06-2017, 08:59 AM
It's worth noting that us on the PC were eased into the current playstyle since this game used to be super casual. Consoles have been starting afresh so it may be more in your face. I will say that I fairly agree though. Still, if you do buy empowered gem boxes, that far from guarantees you good loot. I was particularly disappointed when I spend 4m flux on the gem maniac pack. At the same time it's good that it doesn't have a huge impact (unless you buy LOADS or have good rng.

Morzo
02-06-2017, 09:12 AM
I could put in as much time as I want, it would make no difference as you can only get lunar souls once per week for empowered gem boxes unless you spend money. I already have all of my professions maxed and have caught every rare fish in the game as well other than the one lava fish that you need 2500 pr for. The only thing I could do at this point would be to grind water and air zones for the "perfect" gems until next week, and I'm just not going to do that for the measly 100 PR boost it would give as it is monotonous and boring. The game is entirely pay to win.

I wouldn't call it pay to win and more pray to win, luck is more important than money in this game since they put rng into a lot of aspects of the game.
Some stuff is timegated like those empowered gem boxes so if you're going to put a lot of time in this game then don't put all of that time into 1 week because that doesn't help at all at this point of your progression.
Open those empowered gem boxes on a weekly basis and you can progress further when you get lucky and get the right color of gem.
Being unlucky can slow down the game at the start but once you're into the uber8-9 difficulties then you can start farming as much as you want.

ForsakenHero
02-06-2017, 10:06 AM
If you can't put in the money, you have to put in the time.
This.10/chars

deaftones
02-06-2017, 10:16 AM
This.10/chars

When 100 hours of farming is offset by someone spending $40 your game falls under the category of pay to win, that's just how it is.

Novuhz
02-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Just a tip, hit 2500 PR as fast as possible then you unlock U7 and that's where your PR is going to rise a lot again.

Try to only lvl up gems that have 3 stats at lvl 1 and are the rare gems for that Uber Level and only lvl them up to lvl 15, your first goal is not getting the right/best stats at that low PR, your goal is to get to 10k PR to start going for the right stats on gems.

If I'm not wrong but I think consoles don't have contests/credit pouches yet so that's a big hit on not getting extra boosters and empowered gem boxes. You'll have to wait for that patch to hit.

Spree
02-06-2017, 10:51 AM
If I'm not wrong but I think consoles don't have contests/credit pouches yet so that's a big hit on not getting extra boosters and empowered gem boxes. You'll have to wait for that patch to hit.

This you are right :p

StrawBerryCake
02-06-2017, 10:56 AM
This game is rng to win, not pay to win

Fasti
02-06-2017, 11:23 AM
To the OP, best of luck with your gaming adventures in the future.

For anyone else playing on consoles, the patches we have coming down the line are going to change a substantial amount of things in the game. There will be new types of Challenges, methods to unlock every class in the game via crafting/gameplay, and methods for buying Credits (Credit Pouches) from other players via the Marketplace. In addition to those changes are a ton of other improvements and new content (like the Dino Tamer and Jurassic Jungle biome.

Once we get the PC and console running the same game version you'll start to see new content more quickly, for sure. Thanks again for all the support during the beta!