PDA

View Full Version : Racing/Collecting Challenge - NoRewards

I am Lelouch
01-05-2017, 04:32 AM
Hey,

every time the little challenge window pops up there is a 20 minute countdown. Now you can join the Racing/Collecting Challenge even 30 seconds before end. If you do so and you finish the challenge but the countdown has hit zero while you were doing it you will not get rewards even when in the end of the challenge displayed you that you have completed any Tier.
This might occur when you finish it in time but you dont return to hub before the cooldown runs out. (I have not tested this yet)

Dazo
01-27-2017, 08:21 PM
I can confirm this is a bug that happens with collection challenges. I just joined one with a little more than 2 minutes left on the challenge hoping that I would be able to finish in time, but the challenge did not start in time due to having to wait a full minute to start due to a low number of players.

Time: Friday, January 27th, at 8:20 PM CT
Context: I completed a collection challenge about 30 seconds after the challenge objective disappeared
Expected: I expected to gain rewards from the challenge since I was able to enter the challenge arena before the objective timer completed.
Observed: The challenge rewards I would have gotten were displayed but not given.
Repro Steps:

Wait till about 18 minutes after the hour when a collection or racing challenge is active.
Enter the challenge portal in the hub.
Complete the challenge noticing that the challenge arena timer is higher than the challenge objective timer.

Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/R1wnmTUl.png (http://imgur.com/R1wnmTU)

Here are my suggestions for fixing this issue and improving these types of challenges in general:

Grant rewards for the collection and racing challenges even if the arena timer completes after the challenge objective timer.
Change the wait time for other players to join from 60 seconds (which seems like an eternity and I have watched many players click the exit button during this time) to 15 seconds.
If the decision is made not to extend this challenge objective timer for players who have already started a challenge arena, have the portals in the hub disappear when it would no longer be possible to complete the challenge before the end of the 20 minute objective timer.