PDA

View Full Version : Will we be able to transfer PC items and characters?

TMG Dgtlgtr
12-15-2016, 09:22 AM
I have been playing trove on PC since it came out and want to move over to Xbox, I would like to keep the items and characters from my PC or at least stuff that i have purchased. will we be able to do this after beta?

ZamboniChaos
12-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Hey there! The PC and console versions are separate, so you won't be able to transfer any items or progress from one to the other.

Arolux
12-16-2016, 10:41 AM
Hey there! The PC and console versions are separate, so you won't be able to transfer any items or progress from one to the other.

I have to ask, why not? as you can tell i've been playing the game for quite a long time now. There are examples of a decent few other games that DO let you transfer your progress Smite, Warframe and GTA online being the main examples that come to mind And as someone who has already put a considerable amount of money into the game over the past few years this feels like a slap in the face. I'm actually totally okay with the idea of starting fresh progression wise but it feels like im being cheated that i dont get the items ive already paid for.

LatinLegacy
12-16-2016, 05:21 PM
I have to ask, why not? as you can tell i've been playing the game for quite a long time now. There are examples of a decent few other games that DO let you transfer your progress Smite, Warframe and GTA online being the main examples that come to mind And as someone who has already put a considerable amount of money into the game over the past few years this feels like a slap in the face. I'm actually totally okay with the idea of starting fresh progression wise but it feels like im being cheated that i dont get the items ive already paid for.

It's a much easier process for a developer to start fresh than it is to allow transfers across different platforms. On top of that, Trove is an MMORPG with a much larger server infrastructure compared to the games you listed. ESO is the only game that comes to find that allowed transfers & that alone caused the game to be delayed several times until the process was sure to work. The developer also takes a large financial hit right out of the gate doing that since they have to set up additional servers to handle the process. Would of been awesome if they did allow transfers but I am cool with starting fresh. Good for the many Xbox One friends I have that never played the game.

bob the bulder
12-18-2016, 08:00 AM
They should just give you a code with items that you have purchased on pc trove so you can just easily port them othewise i kinda feel like my money was worthless

InfamAce
12-18-2016, 11:38 AM
I dont mind having to grind everything back either, but I wish I got my mounts, cash purchased items, and classes back at least. Miss my insanisteed :( lol