PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes

ISHTAR123
08-07-2015, 12:49 PM
I have got windows 64 bit and upon entering the game I get a message saying Trove has encountered a problem. I only got the option of sending a report or skipping it. I would love getting back onto the game with a custom build PC that runs most games on ultra.

Fasti
08-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Can you restart Glyph and try again for me?

angel_noqueador
08-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Can you restart Glyph and try again for me?

i need play trove!!! :mad:

ISHTAR123
08-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Still the same response from the game after multiple restarts of Glyph and changing the servers.

Jusblazm
08-08-2015, 02:36 AM
Is this a new problem? Or have you yet to be able to get on with this newly built computer of yours?

ISHTAR123
08-08-2015, 04:32 AM
This is a new problem. Does this game work on Windows 8.1? I think thats what been causing it.

Jusblazm
08-08-2015, 04:56 AM
Did you just update to Win8.1?
Has it ever worked on Win8.1 for you before?
Or were you previously playing on Win7?
I couldn't imagine it doesn't work on Win8.1 since they're getting ready for Win10 and supposedly worked fine on Win10 with a couple graphical errors.
Are you up to date on your updates? There could be something Trove is asking for.
Attempt running it as an administrator.
Also attempt running in a compatibility pack. I'm not sure if Win8.1 has compatibility packs since I've never used Win8, but I assume it does?
Those are just a couple of thoughts off the top of my head.

ISHTAR123
08-08-2015, 07:01 AM
I updated to windows 8.1 since 2014 if my memory goes correctly and yes it has worked on 8.1 before. Running as administrator helped by putting me in for a couple seconds longer with the news box on the screen. Running compatibility packs has not solved the problems, sadly.

tj25115101
08-08-2015, 07:47 PM
today i was trading wit ha person called sitris12tree and he said i should drop the stuff first becuse the trade things wernt working i did so and he took them and went away idk what to do and he didnt give me what he said he would i need help so if u can get me the thing he was going t ogive me or the 280 shards that are found in the sky kingdom and the 17 eyes that would be great or even if u goot me the neon dragon he promised me thanks

ISHTAR123
08-09-2015, 04:18 AM
You don't drop items, because wannabe thieves hooked into games with trade systems. First they speak perfect English, then when you ask to get it back they act by saying their Russian or Turkish and then start writing gibberish and nonsense.

angel_noqueador
08-11-2015, 04:10 PM
to put the game gets me error
i need help !!! :(

angel_noqueador
08-12-2015, 05:50 PM
when the game will be ready ? :confused:

angel_noqueador
08-13-2015, 08:44 PM
they will repair it for play or erase what ?:mad:

sol7y
08-06-2016, 05:40 AM
Trove Has encountered an error........pls help to fix this

Chemical2
08-09-2016, 08:18 AM
As soon as the patch was done i logged on and crashed 3 times, i asked club members and global and everyone is having the same issues. is this due to patch and something we should be worried about or the high number of people logging back on?

Official Trion Response - Added by Fasti

Hey everyone,

We've rolled out two hotfixes that have resolved some of the biggest causes of crashes, but we continue to work on resolving some lingering issues. Make sure you send your crash report every time you crash as those will help us fix these problems more quickly. Thanks! (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?107000)

Caveman
08-09-2016, 08:21 AM
Yes same for me, I really doesnt understand. Always something wrong.
Devs gotta check there codes -.-

Aswell when I am gonna invite to join me it appears to put the person on ignore list instead.

420Ragnor
08-09-2016, 08:30 AM
I started playing today and was having a lot of fun until they took down the servers for a new patch.
I was excited to get back on and play when realized that my friends could join but for me my game just crashed when I launched,
I takes about 5 seconds after clicking launch and it being on the loading screen for it to just crash
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but i really want to get onto the game and have been trying to join for about an hour now :/
Some extra information: i tried downloading the installed from the glyph site but that still didn't work. Some problem. And when I validate the files on steam it says they are not validated, re-acquires them and then updates glyph, I then check after updating glyph to find that the same number of files needs to be re-acquired

Sindrawolf
08-09-2016, 08:30 AM
I'm pretty sure the server is always unstable after a patch. It might be worse this time but idk I haven't been on yet.

Calysta
08-09-2016, 08:34 AM
Want to add that I get the "send error report" window after every crash (roughly the same duration as the OP mentioned ~2-3 minutes) but I am also experiencing a slight roll back each time I relog post crash.

IVovo
08-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Those crashes came from PTS... Really? Why they still not fixed?

Edit: NVidia Video Card

bloodmourne
08-09-2016, 08:39 AM
I'm experiencing constant game crashes (every 5-10 minutes) while farming in U7 for moon key fragments. I normally farm U9 for gems so I can't say whether it's the update that dropped today or something unique about U7 prime worlds (more likely something with the update I'd imagine).

I haven't seen a crash screen in several months up until now.

I've been allowing the client to send error reports. I usually cancel them.

Fasti
08-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Every report that comes through helps us to resolve crashing issues so please make sure to let those send every time.

Go through our normal crashing troubleshooting steps (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/203679217) so we can rule out a few common causes, please.

Dereliktt
08-09-2016, 08:52 AM
Same here, as a dev I understand that there is no possible way to know exactly what will go wrong

Dereliktt
08-09-2016, 08:54 AM
so on that note, have you guys narrowed it down yet?

420Ragnor
08-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Same here but when I try to launch the game, it stays on the loading screen for 5-10 seconds and then crashes...

VoltStar
08-09-2016, 09:00 AM
It looks like they changed some things and didnt put it in the patch notes.

Worlds load differently, cant close the club list menu (P) with escape now, crafting decorations in the workbench is actually SLOWER now, and you cant seem to close the cube converter while its converting and expect it to keep working, you need to keep it open and watch it.

Evotro
08-09-2016, 09:00 AM
1 min crash, 1 min crash....

Altermaven
08-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Added. The game is crashing every 10-ish minutes ever since the patch was released. The game was rock-stable before the patch.

EDIT 1: Did a verify, Trove is redownloading files. I suggest you try verifying the same. Will add anything else if this does not work. Trove also broke a small portion of my configuration, I had to reset some key bindings.

EDIT 2: Patch verification did not solve the issue. I am still crashing every 10-ish minutes.

Kot
08-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Bugs in this patch:
1) Right click in chat box on name and choose "Invite to join me" to add person to your Ignore List. (imagine how many friends now ignoring each other)
2) Can't close Clubs window with Escape button, also you can temporarily edit any Club's info.
3) CRASHES.

Lawful
08-09-2016, 09:54 AM
Cool stuff.

Not sure how you can screw up the game so much with a patch that only introduces more styles.

Hells_Kebab
08-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Cool stuff.

Not sure how you can screw up the game so much with a patch that only introduces more styles.

style overload maybe.... this game is in a mess right now

Altermaven
08-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Updated the previous post with a new edit regarding verification not mitigating crashes (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?106652-Game-Crashes&p=680869&viewfull=1#post680869).

Spawni
08-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Constant crashes for me as well about every 10 mins or so, game freezes up before crashing and shutting down. :(

ZamboniChaos
08-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Go ahead and try these basic troubleshooting steps (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/203679217-Resolving-Crashing-Issues) so we can rule out as many common causes as we can. If you're still having issues, submit a support ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and provide your DxDiag report (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/204183547-DirectX-Diagnostic-Tool) so our CS team can investigate further. Also, make sure you let them know which steps you've tried so they can get a head start. Hope this helps!

Rhadnar
08-09-2016, 10:44 AM
its just another big memory hole leak....
Hope they find and fix this...
Crashing every 5~10 minutes.
Game unplayable right now.

Zario
08-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Would be cool if we have the number of crash reports in leaderboard - randomly having it part of the contest xD

Ok, just kidding on this, but sseriously, played like 20 mins and send 4 error reports since last update.
Tryed another challange that i could finish at last, but not without sending a 5th error report...

Seriously, the PTS server should really be used for testing all that

And to mention other problems faced:
- games completly freeze
- chat disappear (unable to get it back no matter what)
- changing video setting like draw distance has become some kind of sport with flicking screen
- lots of inventory icon,s wont display
And i probably forget some...

Please, we are reporting (i do it at least once a day), but would be cool if things were not turning out to be a real pain

I really enjoy playing this game, i wish it could last

Nim101
08-09-2016, 11:34 AM
I'm crashing the same as everyone else, but id like to add that there's is a huge performance problem when it comes to fps, at least for me.

Before patch i could play ultra setting and get 60 fps, Now I have to play on low to get 55 fps which is kind of unplayable lol i can't see **** on low.

Specs
i7 3820k 4.3 GHz
32 Gb/s DDR3
GTX 670
Win 10

Progamer32
08-09-2016, 11:49 AM
encountering and "error" everyday I play trove plz fix this

Altermaven
08-09-2016, 12:11 PM
I am still getting a generous amount of crashes when playing the game, now I crash whenever the action picks up (e.g. when doing dungeons with 3+ people).

Zario
08-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Would be cool if we have the number of crash reports in leaderboard - randomly having it part of the contest xD

Ok, just kidding on this, but sseriously, played like 20 mins and send 4 error reports since last update.
Tryed another challange that i could finish at last, but not without sending a 5th error report...

Seriously, the PTS server should really be used for testing all that

And to mention other problems faced:
- games completly freeze
- chat disappear (unable to get it back no matter what)
- changing video setting like draw distance has become some kind of sport with flicking screen
- lots of inventory icon,s wont display
And i probably forget some...

Please, we are reporting (i do it at least once a day), but would be cool if things were not turning out to be a real pain

I really enjoy playing this game, i wish it could last

Ok, adding some reports:
- water wont display in hours though chunks seem to be loaded as i get sailing through a whole sea (but never sea water, just be in plain void)
- mobs in the deep (of the sea) are in attack mode (can see their lifebar) and randmoly appear on the surface before disapearing (getting back in the deep i suppose)
- *** Mining has become horribly painfull *** as blocks disappear something like 15 seconds after you mined them (they are already in your inv, but still appear on ground, so you randomly mine on the surface ... Mining day has always been trashed for one reason or another... good i bought patron, im so happy

And agaon, but everyone is saying that, crashes... crashes... crashes... unplayable in the current state

Rayed
08-09-2016, 12:29 PM
After the Patch me and my whole club is lagging, everyone in my club is either logging off or logging on constantly and repeatedly.... and Im facing some lagging problems after the update, before the update it was a lot smoother...

Rikosa
08-09-2016, 12:46 PM
I've noticed to big errors after the patch.
1: Can't change my stellar aura from any item at the enchanting forge.
2: My game crashes after 2 minutes or so no error nothing just freezes up.

melodias
08-09-2016, 12:46 PM
I noticed a bug that has killing me atm It seems like even if I right click on the gems it doesnt seem like the gem is registered to the level up circle hence making all of the current gems unenchantable

also Im just crashing every 10-15 min and it drives me crazy I have to farm gem boxes you know :(

LeoXT
08-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Can you please spend some time on improving your servers/lag/delay excreta?
It's getting better last week but seems like now it's back agian....

Keep crashing and crashing today.. hope you guys can take a look and make some changes regardless.

Altermaven
08-09-2016, 01:05 PM
configuration mangles are also persistent with this patch

keys magically unbind in my config after a restart, got word of some streamers finding the same -- the crash is causing some config corruption? it's not supposed to.

Fasti
08-09-2016, 01:06 PM
The crashes are being worked on by our engineers now. I don't have an ETA yet but they are focused on getting this resolved quickly.

Eloc Freidon
08-09-2016, 01:10 PM
This is literally the most unstable update yet.

MrQEQO
08-09-2016, 01:28 PM
keep crashing :p

nightius09
08-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Don't usually post on things or complain about things, but this is just ridiculous. I can't do any Shadow towers or Dragon coin events without crashing every few minutes.

Rhadnar
08-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Ok from this:
https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/203679217

I disabled everything that was supposed to be disabled, most of it was already disabled anyway.
Also disabled the kapersky just to be sure.

My page file size is 8000 mb starting at 2000.
I have a gtx 970 it shouldint be the graphic card since witcher 3 at 1080 with hair works works fine at 45~50 fps.

The files are not corrupt since its on a SSD, but i re-downloaded the whole game anyway.

Tried the same on my note, it has good specs to and the game also crashes / freezes.

So we dont have an ETA for fix............................................... ....................

SedrynTyros
08-09-2016, 01:38 PM
I've only been playing for a little over 2 weeks but this is by far the worst I've seen it.

SedrynTyros
08-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Every report that comes through helps us to resolve crashing issues so please make sure to let those send every time.

Go through our normal crashing troubleshooting steps (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/203679217) so we can rule out a few common causes, please.

Seriously, dude? You're essentially telling your playerbase to waste their time. Why should anyone follow those troubleshooting steps when it's obvious that today's patch is at fault?

SilentDomo
08-09-2016, 01:55 PM
I lag out hard right before a crash. Iwas fine yesterday just the normal frame rate kinda low all i noticed, it was setting at 13-40 thats about normal but today the rubber band hits hard and my frames are through the floor

ba55munky
08-09-2016, 02:04 PM

also, support take ages to even read a ticket posted. understand how there are loads of tickets being posted, but still most companies at least say theres a backlog of tickets at the moment.

itsDustin
08-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Yes, It has to be due to the patch.

It is unplayable for me at the moment. I am crashing out of the game about every 5 minutes.

Nythil
08-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Instead of releasing in consoles what if you fix the pc first??...there's a lot of problems on pc (Crashes,Lag, etc.) how much more in consoles? :3 and BTW Patches were suppose to fix not add "MORE" problems =_= ..

OldGrumpy
08-09-2016, 02:40 PM
1) The crashes are probably no server-side issue but a memory leak in the client. I can watch Trove eating up all the way to the 32-bit-process memory limit and then crash. :) Didn't notice that at first because 32 GB and a fast system won't make that issue very noticeable.

2) Fasti probably meant the crash reports, not the support tickets when he asked to keep on sending them. That means when you get the "Trove has encountered an error..." window, please do click on "send report" as often as you can. It only takes a couple of seconds and will help Trion to see where they messed up. :D

3) I was pretty annoyed because Trove crashed more often for me in the couple of minutes I played after the patch than it did the whole rest of the year. But I figured I wouldn't be the only one, so I kept sending those error reports until I got bored. ;) AND THEN I SIMPLY DID SOMETHING ELSE. :p

4) I understand that Trove is addictive and all of you want your daily fix. Just try to scrape some patience together. The problem is being worked at, it's not going any faster from all that rage in the forum. :D

5) If you need to spread your salt at any cost, feel free to hone your curing skills writing a witty riposte. ;)

Scattermind
08-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Also, monumental framerate lag. I can go into a world running between 45 and 60 FPS, then after a couple of minutes it'll drop to like 20. This only started happening after the patch.

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760M

Lohycore
08-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Thanks for this, Grumpy. We need more of this attitude. While the raging is understandable at times, and sometimes just downright funny, it really accomplishes nothing. I certainly can't believe any of the engineers want to work any faster or harder (the game is f2p, after all) when all they hear is people hating on them. Just keep making new memes, and everything will be alright.

iridosiclytis
08-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Yeah, but mine crashes and then tells me to update.

deus69xxx
08-09-2016, 03:28 PM
so i run this game at all times at > 70 FPS. until today. dont' care what anyone says, GeForce GTX 750 is still great. anyhow, randomly, FPS is dropping down to 18, until the game eventually crashes. now, there have been two common denominators for me, when these have occurred. 1: me, 2: chloromancers. and considering how it's ben going up 'til today, i don't think it's me.

i'm gonna keep seeing during the hourly, and playing around as chloro/not chloro in the mean time, but this frame rate drop is intense.

Cryston
08-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Having the same issue. Ran through the common crash checklist. Trove can have 10GB of my RAM if it really needs it, so didn't mess with paging file. Playing on minimum graphics makes them slightly rarer?

Snowywons
08-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Glad to see i'm not the only one who's crashing non-stop since the last patch. O.o
(Btw i did the trick with the paging file but got no result)

Simia
08-09-2016, 04:19 PM
Sadly nothing new. Experience tells me it will be fixed, after an anoing time playing betwine the error reports ;)

Nim101
08-09-2016, 04:26 PM
It literally just keeps eating ram even if your just idle in the hub, troves slowly going nom nom nom all over your ram.

its kind of fun just watching it go from like 1 gb all the way up to 2 and so fourth

Nythil
08-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Yeah? I think your "REPORT CRASH" thingy after crashing doesn't work.. I have this crashing issues for a month now.. tried EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET but nothing works.. even the suggestions on your website doesn't work~!

Nemah
08-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Yeah? I think your "REPORT CRASH" thingy after crashing doesn't work.. I have this crashing issues for a month now.. tried EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET but nothing works.. even the suggestions on your website doesn't work~!
Yup, the report crash function crashes for me too, I find it pretty amusing personally.

Nythil
08-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Yup, the report crash function crashes for me too, I find it pretty amusing personally.

What do you mean by "report crash function crashes for me too"?? i'm confused lol XD... What I mean is, I've been using the report crash function for a hundred times now but seems like they still doesn't have any solution for the frequent crashing (mine crashes ever since I played trove even if my computer is good)... I've tried contacting them(almost a month now) but all the suggestions they give to me doesn't work looks like they still haven't figured a permanent solution for it :/

nafune
08-09-2016, 05:22 PM
I've been having the same issue with crashing, although I've been having other issues once the patch went live. Anyone else having some of these other issues? besides crashing once every 3-5 mins, portals in the hub and in dungeons occasionally will not show, FX for dropped items will not show as well. I've noticed that the FX won't show only if the portals don't either, though.

Nim101
08-09-2016, 06:36 PM
As far as i can tell everything's still the same.
- crashes
- uses way to much ram and it just keeps slowly climbing
- low framerate on nvidia gpu's
- right clicking to invite someone ignores them etc.
- items and equip still not showing up
- sometimes right clicking a gem wont put it in the lvl up spot

and I'm probably forgetting some.

Is reverting back to the old patch not an option until you get this fixed cause as far as i can tell this patch broke like 90% of the game.

Fasti
08-09-2016, 06:44 PM
We haven't completely eliminated all crashes, but the hotfix did resolve the majority of crashes that were introduced with the new patch. If you do crash, make sure to submit the crash report so we can use that info to investigate.

I tested the chat commands in game on my play account and everything worked exactly as it should. Try restarting again then right-click on Trove and select Repair if you're still having trouble.

I also wasn't able to replicate the other bugs with equipment or Gem upgrade, so hopefully the Repair will work for you.

Fasti
08-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Restart the game to get the latest client update (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?106758), please. Make sure to send any crash logs if you still experience any crashes.

Thanks!

Nim101
08-09-2016, 07:11 PM
I re-logged

- my hat is still invisible. I de-equiped it and it shows up in my inventory, but re-equipping it becomes invisible again.

- your right the chat invite commands are all working now thanks

- Gems when you put a small gem in your inventory then open the gem screen. Then right click the gem in your inventory to upgrade it. The game pulls the first water gem you have equipped to the level up slot not the one in your bag. After further testing i only seem to find this to happen after i first open the gem upgrade window. As long as the window remains open the second time you go to do it works until i close the window again.

- i have been afk in the hub staring at the wall and my memory usage as slowly climbed from roughly 1 Gb to 1.63 gbs and stops which is better then before, when i got to a uber world to farm it climbs to just under 2gb/s and pauses. before it would just keep climbing until it crashed, so i guess that's okay now.

- Also my fps performance remains the same its half of what it was before the original patch

my boyfriend also experiences all these issues except for the fps problem because im on team green and hes on team red.
but i will go ahead and launch up the repair but i m not expecting much ill get back on the results but thanks for trying to fix this.

Specs
i7 3820k 4.3 GHz
32 Gb/s DDR3
GTX 670
Win 10

GoldenAzure
08-09-2016, 07:30 PM
This isn't much of a bug but couldn't find anywhere else to put this. Why is trove lagging a lot more that usual? Why is trove crashing more that usual? Why is the shadow tower portal screwed up? Why is trove not loading at all sometimes? Finally, why is the shadow tower a lot more harder than before? It's like the develepors changed normal spike walker to ultra spike walker. I just want to let you know that a lot of people on the servers were having the same problems. Except a lot of other things were broken. My computer is bad but it doesn't go below 1 fps. I freeze too much. And I would like to have these problems fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for reading this. :( :mad:

Dnsj
08-09-2016, 07:32 PM
This isn't much of a bug but couldn't find anywhere else to put this. Why is trove lagging a lot more that usual? Why is trove crashing more that usual? Why is the shadow tower portal screwed up? Why is trove not loading at all sometimes? Finally, why is the shadow tower a lot more harder than before? It's like the develepors changed normal spike walker to ultra spike walker. I just want to let you know that a lot of people on the servers were having the same problems. Except a lot of other things were broken. My computer is bad but it doesn't go below 1 fps. I freeze too much. And I would like to have these problems fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for reading this. :( :mad:

How Long have you been playing this game to understand how it works?
If you have been playing for a decent while, you should be used to the lag. Also normal spike walker isn't hard at all

Nim101
08-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Complete re install and graphic driver update
everything's the same

gem issue seems to begone magically, but everything else is the same

also i noticed my fps increase about 25% in windowed modes still not back to normal but better full screen still tanks my frames for 60 to 20-30 after update

still not sure about crashing entirely, needs more testing but it seems slightly better, but im done for the day ill see what happens tomorrow.

good luck

Zario
08-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Restart the game to get the latest client update (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?106758), please. Make sure to send any crash logs if you still experience any crashes.

Thanks!

Hi,

it's been a lot better, though still have random crashes (was doing nothing special, just flying)

Also seems to have problems with keys: ie: market wont appear as i press market key, but the pointer (the arrow) appear

Another - somehow - great point is boss not appearing, though, this one occured before update already: Lots of dungeons where the boss is invisible - hard to kill, but with experience, i started to finsh dungeons without even seeing the boss once ;)
Its a pain though, may have a look at this

deus69xxx
08-10-2016, 01:05 AM
well, after the day, from my earlier post, it's nothing to do with chloro, thing just crashes. FPS still drops drastically for no reason. on the other hand, nothing truly bad actually happened while not doing anything active. i could dink around in my club building things with nothing happening. i join my friend's club world, and FPS drops happen. go out for an hourly, and everything goes straight to the pits. this is after the update as well.

even worse: one of my friends, since this weekly update, and after the little fix, trove is actually crashing her computer. rather, locking it up so she has to restart. the update didn't fix it, trion. keep looking, please!

Gibsoo
08-10-2016, 02:00 AM
The sad the is I was about to put more money into the game then my Pc started locking up too. I am pretty sure it will be overlooked since its not effect a large group of people...
I will say this you can stop the freezing by logging out of the game every 20 mins or so. I think its a memory leak of some sort I will keep you updated on my findings.

bloodmourne
08-10-2016, 03:43 AM
I applied the hotfix and then crashed again about 10-15 minutes later. I sent the crash report (and will continue to). The only other thing of note (which is probably no big deal):

When opening the loot collector your inventory window opens simultaneously. However, before all of this began yesterday you could immediately right-click on an item and it would be added to the loot collector. Now the first item must be right-clicked twice before it will go to the loot collector window. It's almost like the inventory window doesn't have focus and the first right-click puts focus on the inventory window and the second right-click adds the item you selected to the loot collector. Small difference, but I noticed it immediately after the patch and the hotfix doesn't seem to have corrected that. There may be other lingering issues since the Tuesday update.

VINCENTLEUNG
08-10-2016, 03:48 AM
>>The 1st bug<< everytime after trading ,i will crash immediately,anyone has the same problem?

VINCENTLEUNG
08-10-2016, 03:50 AM
>>The 2nd bug<<Besides that problem which i mentioned, i cant load some items` icon of my 2nd page inventory

PPP
08-10-2016, 03:52 AM
yeah, this just happened to me few hours ago. The game crashes immediately after the trade has been accepted.

VINCENTLEUNG
08-10-2016, 03:59 AM
>>The 3rd bug << sometimes my weapon style becomes the orginal style automatically

So horrible D^:

Grimmix
08-10-2016, 05:09 AM
Every time I crash or log out and then log back in, my LMB (default Primary Attack) is unassigned, so I have to go into settings and bind it every time.

On top of this, I keep crashing every few minutes when I am fighting anything. If I am hanging out in the hub, I have no crash issues.

Everybody in my club is reporting the same problem with crashes and a few are reporting the same problem with their primary attack being unbound upon login.:confused::confused::(

Grimmix
08-10-2016, 05:11 AM
On an added note, this started happening for me and all of my fellow club members immediately after the latest patch. I will continue to send prompted reports each time.

UkSTAMP
08-10-2016, 05:57 AM
Updated Trove.......... Crashed...........Applied hotfix......... Crashed
Why is this game trying to use 59% of my CPU

The game ran perfectly for me before the update......................

Lohycore
08-10-2016, 05:59 AM
Same here, still crashing, my hat and face are there, it just doesn't show the icon for them, the order of my clubs rearrange themselves after every crash, my map is still "fading in" when opened, so on and so forth. Also will continue sending error report after crashes....

PootieTang
08-10-2016, 07:28 AM
I'm also experiencing a lot of crashes... Standing around and doing nothing won't cause it, but whenever I'm bombing ores it almost always happens. Ability 1 unassigns itself when I log back on. My macbook air doesn't have the optimal specs, but I had never had crash issues before the patch.

MrQEQO
08-10-2016, 08:26 AM
Game still crashing a lot after hotfix i dont have that problem before last update ;S

LeMustachaNebuna
08-10-2016, 09:07 AM
After the Tuesday's update the game was crashing a lot. Today, even after the new client i crashed from 10 in 10 minutes, making the game unplayable. Also after the Tuesday's update, when i log in the game, i have to set M2 from hotkeys, being very annoying because I'm playing Shadow Hunter.

Please Trion, fix this!

Anywho
08-10-2016, 09:29 AM
all the sudden out of the blue the game crashes constantly. now I cant even plat the game cause as soon as I get in world, like 10 seconds later the game crashes. I did this repeatedly, I give up, I can tell when I'm not wanted, ill go find another game to play that Trion hasn't touched. in case your wondering, no I do not have a toaster; I5 cpu, 20 gig ram, HD5800 series video on a asus mobo ...

Health Regeneration
08-10-2016, 09:35 AM
you are not the only one who crashes constantly lol, many ppl having issues after the last patch

ZamboniChaos
08-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Hey there! Our team is still working on resolving these crashing issues, so please keep sending your crash reports in so our we can review them. Thanks for your patience!

FallowDeer
08-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Mine isn't that bad. I just crash every hour or half hour but it's literally all random for me. Your computer specs has nothing to do with your crashing. People weren't going to insult your pc either.

Lawful
08-10-2016, 10:29 AM
The crashing isn't as bad when farming ubers or worlds, but in ST it is literally impossible to clear because people constantly crash every 2 minutes.

Hells_Kebab
08-10-2016, 10:29 AM
you are not the only one who crashes constantly lol, many ppl having issues after the last patch

every time there is a update I crash every time I try and do something.... It's been like this for me after the mop update

BisquiteCat
08-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Even on my High end computer, which might I add was built at the beginning of this year I'm getting substantial FPS drops since the update, perhaps Trion should be looking into adding better multicore support for their game before adding the new class, or even going onto console.

ThePrimevalVoid
08-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Some findings on the crashings, hoping they help

(renderer)+(graphics processor)=crashing time
opengl + Integrated graphics = instant or at 2.8 gb in ram
opengl + nvidia = 5 min or at 1.2 gb in ram
directx + nvidia = played 1 hour so far w/o crashing (2.3 gb so far, started stable started stable at 1.8)
directx + Integrated graphics = idk, didn't test

nafune
08-10-2016, 01:16 PM
I'm using the Mac client, and after the hotfix I'm still crashing as well. The portals in the HUB won't show and my face and hat icons won't show now either :S

uberjuice
08-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Time: After patch on Tuesday, hotfix later in the day did not fix.
Context: Seems to happen everywhere under any circumstance.
Expected: To play Trove
Observed: Low FPS, high lag, normal ping, crash every 10 mins or so.
Repro Steps: 1. Play Trove 2. ??? 3. Profit

Rock Dodo
08-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Maybe why I didn't experience any crashing as I use a GTX 630.

littlebro15
08-10-2016, 02:19 PM
all the sudden out of the blue the game crashes constantly. now I cant even plat the game cause as soon as I get in world, like 10 seconds later the game crashes. I did this repeatedly, I give up, I can tell when I'm not wanted, ill go find another game to play that Trion hasn't touched. in case your wondering, no I do not have a toaster; I5 cpu, 20 gig ram, HD5800 series video on a asus mobo ...

yea it might be the similiar issue PTS is having, PTS players have been having frequent crashes for almost 2-3 weeks now, and there have been no signs of a fix.

MOG85
08-10-2016, 03:10 PM
I crash all the minutes .
When I run Trove my left click is handed over zero .

Please fix its more quickly

Rhadnar
08-10-2016, 03:21 PM
After last patch i am crashing elss than before probably the memory leak was "fixed".
But at least three times since last patch my computer "crashed".

Its not a BSOD, but after a while my computer just turn off.
I did a ram scam to see if it was a bad block, but both ram and gpu are fine.
Disc also fine.

Tried to run everest to stress the computer and nothing happened, so in the end is not my hardware or software everything is uptodate and not corrupted.

The weird is one time it showed to me a blackscreen, and the other two times a light orange color.

It dont happens a lot these three times happened in the spam of 8 hours or so.

Theres no crash report in windowns or from trove.

I dunno what to do to help ensure this is fixed to.

Already did everything on the faq.

jobot343
08-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Mine crashed three times in 10 minutes, I was testing a mod in my two biome clubworld by myself. LOL

SedrynTyros
08-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Still crashing every 15 minutes tonight. Today's patch didn't fix the problem, guys.

OrangePurple
08-11-2016, 04:26 AM
I playing this game but he crashed for no reason everytime i play it he still crashing. fix this bug

Luuan
08-11-2016, 05:54 AM
After this last update, every time I get near the two players or more my fps drops substantially or crash , I tried to change the settings for low , DirectX9 and OpenGL but nothing changed wanted some help. is a bug in the game ? or something?

Pamme400
08-11-2016, 06:44 AM
After about 30 minutes of play by screen becomes blank and unresponsive. I can not go to windows or any other use of the computer. I see it is running but I have to shut the computer down and restart to play again.
This started after the patch.

PPP
08-11-2016, 07:13 AM
same here, I am using windows 7, and the game crashes every 10 minutes or so, sometimes freezing, after the recent Tuesday patch (and the two hotfix).

Fasti
08-11-2016, 07:58 AM
But at least three times since last patch my computer "crashed".

If your computer itself is crashing/locking up you'll want to find out what's causing it by checking your Event Viewer (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766042.aspx) logs. Microsoft support (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/) will be able to better interpret these logs so you may want to reach out to them for input as well.

PPP
08-11-2016, 09:00 AM
sometimes I am getting crashes every 10 seconds, I can barely play anything now.

MrBig
08-11-2016, 09:34 AM
me too. my game crashes every 5-10 min. it's never happened before the tuesday patch and the two hotfix

Fasti
08-11-2016, 09:46 AM
I updated the original post with our response. Make sure you send your crash reports. Our engineers are looking them over now.

VanillaMeow
08-11-2016, 09:48 AM
The crashes seems to be gone for me for now.

VanillaMeow
08-11-2016, 09:56 AM
After about 30 minutes of play by screen becomes blank and unresponsive. I can not go to windows or any other use of the computer. I see it is running but I have to shut the computer down and restart to play again.
This started after the patch.

If the game locks your computer up, get a temperature monitor and see if something is overheating. This happens from time to time on my laptop because the awful cooling it has, but never happened on my desktop.

Rhadnar
08-11-2016, 11:52 AM
If the game locks your computer up, get a temperature monitor and see if something is overheating. This happens from time to time on my laptop because the awful cooling it has, but never happened on my desktop.

That happened to me three times yesterday... but none today just some random crashes.
I have a water cooler, everything is fine, no bad blocks or anything bad.
Witcher 3 at 1080 runs pretty easy and everest / other programs testing a stress show nothing.

Theres something wrong with Trove but only for some pcs.

Lawful
08-11-2016, 01:38 PM
The game still crashes insanely, mainly in ST.

We've had an almost crashless Ultra DOTM run, but our SW/WP and Pinata runs were crashing like crazy, everyone was just simply unable to be online for a whole fight or cursed skull.

This was literally 20 minutes ago, so the crashing problem is still standing strong.

nafune
08-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Even with my settings turned on low I've noticed way more particle effects now that weren't there prior the update. Now because of them I can't shoot my dragon, blow up blocks, or even grind because the visuals will be to much and crash my game constantly. Never had this problem before and it is definitely not a problem with my computer. This situation makes the game practically unplayable and feels like a huge waste of my patron time.

It's taking much longer for the hub to spawn now, portals still won't appear at times, face and hat icons are gone, FX for dropped items are missing, and the map will only occationally "fade-in".

I'll continue to send crash reports, hope this will get resolved soon.

xiuno
08-11-2016, 03:23 PM
I can't believe the crashing is even worse than what I regularly experience. Bad enough nothing has worked to solve that, now what is going on?

Fasti
08-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Hey all, restart the game to get the latest hotfix (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?107000) if you're still experiencing crashes.

We're tracking new crash reports and it looks like this latest update had a major impact on reducing crashes.

Rhadnar
08-11-2016, 03:44 PM
If your computer itself is crashing/locking up you'll want to find out what's causing it by checking your Event Viewer (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766042.aspx) logs. Microsoft support (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/) will be able to better interpret these logs so you may want to reach out to them for input as well.
It only happens to trove, it dint happened today yet played for 4~6 hours with only the usual crash since last patch.
I dont think its my computer because i already did all the troubleshot that can be done to verify if its a problem with hardware or software, theres nothing wrong with the pc.
I can play witcher 3 or fallout4 everything maxed get over 60fps on both and they dont crash the pc.

Nothing is open with trove only steam, the win10.

And theres no event to check it dint give me a BSOD so no log, the computer just freeze, them turn off, it was supposed to be a overheat but core is on a watercooler, and nothing is overheating i watched the temperatures while trove was open for like 40 minutes.
But again it dint happened again after the first 10 mb patch, and we got two 10mb patchs already.

I just hope the other crashing issues are fixed as soon as possible its annoying for trove closing at random from 10 minutes to 1~2 hours.
And this time its not eating the ram, last time it was eating like 20 gb before crashing.

Perxion
08-11-2016, 03:51 PM
After the new update, it is STILL CRASHING! Please fix this!

PondLife
08-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Yep, still crashing!! Im on Mac and throwing bombs makes it crash. Also doing anything else will result in a crash!!!! Fix please!! Making it completly unplayable

Cascaa
08-11-2016, 04:31 PM
I just lost 1 hour worth of work because I wanted to do the challenge and forgot to save. Thank you very much.

Fasti
08-12-2016, 06:46 AM
Make sure to keep sending in those error handler crash reports after you crash. If you're not being prompted to send one let us know. It still looks like we've reduced crashes quite a bit but we're still working to address any possible remaining causes of these new crashes.

Evermuffin
08-12-2016, 07:35 AM
I keep crashing (and sending reports :) )
On a side note, after recent patches my Glyph started to ask me to "complete the registration". My Trion account is ages old, don't know what causes this, and it ignores "don't show this again" checkbox, every patch seems to reset this :)

Rayed
08-12-2016, 08:46 AM
There is a new problem now, after the old one, every now and then people are crashing in trove recently, even after the new patch yesterday, this never used to happen before...

StormReaper
08-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Make sure to keep sending in those error handler crash reports after you crash. If you're not being prompted to send one let us know. It still looks like we've reduced crashes quite a bit but we're still working to address any possible remaining causes of these new crashes.

Although the crashing is less often than it was there are still many issues with projectiles that seem to be causing major fps drops they seem to be converging into some location every so often. Also the map glitches randomly, and goes black when underground. There is also a huge issue upon exiting the client where the whole system freezes for 10-15 seconds depending on the amount of time spent on trove (I think it's clearing vram upon exiting) but pc is unusable until it finishes.

nafune
08-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Still crashing just as much as before, none of these hotfixes have fixed anything. I've seen no progress and it's frustrating me completely. I can't even grind or stand next to someone without crashing. I can't even play this game. I'm entirely unsatisfied that I payed patron for this. I even turned off all of my fx and am still crashing.

VanillaMeow
08-12-2016, 07:20 PM
So now the game is stable again, can you guys take a break from making next class and look into framerate issue and other bugs? Minor hangs here and there (not freezing anymore, that's a good step), Pirate is bugged, Inventory acting funny, Marketplace numbers off to the side, Tome selection screen has many blank sections...

GriphOn
08-12-2016, 07:36 PM
So, it keeps crashing every few seconds and doesn't even reconnect when I press retry. I seriously really love this game but this is too much. You can't even play anymore because of this.
I know I'm not the only one who has this problem, and that this isn't the first time anyone has complained about this, but this is really getting out of hand.
Sadly, the devs could probably just brush this problem aside again.
It's kinda sad that I can't play my favorite game.:(

Sindrawolf
08-12-2016, 08:49 PM
They've been doing patches to fix it. I get it's annoying but when you're the 50th person saying the same thing it gets excessive.

Evermuffin
08-13-2016, 06:27 AM
Just give us your PC then :)
The game started to crash a lot since recently and if it doesn't for you, then you are lucky to have that nonproblematic config and we envy you :)
Just now Trove crashed when I was rummaging in my storage chest, no extra fx , lots of people or anything.

Thucan
08-13-2016, 09:55 AM
I play on mac and the game crash every 2-3 minutes for no reason, and i've max 15/20 fps.. why? i have this situation by 5 day..

Geysers2010
08-13-2016, 05:22 PM
My net is great (100MB) and not has none problem and only stay crashing and i no i can play this wonderful game so please pack this problem please please :(

MOG85
08-14-2016, 02:01 PM
You have correct no crash on the MAC version !

Im purple name top 100 DOTM ULTRA and tomorrow its reset top 100 !

It is impossible for me to play in ST tomorrow !

I no longer play trove because of the crash, and that I returned to the game, there are (update) to correct his but in vain .

I hope that tomorrow it will have a (update) to correct his!

VanillaMeow
08-14-2016, 03:12 PM
I heard the crash on Mac is caused by Callstack Overflow. Try this command to increase Callstack size:
$ ulimit -s 65532

VenomBronyPL
08-15-2016, 05:39 AM
crash every 10-20 minutes , i have this problem since 11.08.2016 , why ?
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

andomort
08-15-2016, 06:40 AM
Hey, have you tried following the steps located here (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/203679217-Resolving-Crashing-Issues)? Make sure you allow the crash handler to send the report after every crash as well.

VenomBronyPL
08-15-2016, 06:55 AM
i have Steam version ...

MOG85
08-15-2016, 07:55 AM
I heard the crash on Mac is caused by Callstack Overflow. Try this command to increase Callstack size:
$ ulimit -s 65532

I prefair not test

Fasti
08-15-2016, 08:03 AM
We're still collecting crash logs and working to get the remaining crashes addressed. It has taken much longer than we'd like, but we will continue to work on the fix until it's completely resolved.

A little more info could be very useful for us. On average, how long do you have the game running before experiencing a crash?

PPP
08-15-2016, 08:46 AM
On average, how long do you have the game running before experiencing a crash?

its 10 to 15 minutes for me

VenomBronyPL
08-15-2016, 08:57 AM
10-20 minutes for me

Fasti
08-15-2016, 09:30 AM
After your next crash, try restarting your PC then let us know how long it takes to run into another crash, please.

Also, which graphics renderer are you using? DirectX or OpenGL? Try changing between them in your Video settings as well.

Thanks so much!

VanillaMeow
08-15-2016, 11:17 AM
After your next crash, try restarting your PC then let us know how long it takes to run into another crash, please.

Also, which graphics renderer are you using? DirectX or OpenGL? Try changing between them in your Video settings as well.

Thanks so much!

The game crashed once today, after about one and half hours, I had 3 accounts logged in, crashed after I closed my 2 alts.
Using DirectX, custom setting (all max except 1 for super-sampling and no v-sync).
Intel Core i5-6500 CPU with 6MiB cache / SRAM, GTX 950 Graphics Card with 2GiB GDDR5 VRAM, 2x 4GiB DDR4-2133MHz DRAM

djMack
08-16-2016, 03:58 PM
Hello, I recently just had to update a 2nd time today, about 30 min ago or so, and the file was about 1.4 MB. Now when i'm moving around/gliding a lot I crash within 10-20 seconds. I also tried scrapping some Emp Gems and it tried to give me 100 Glim for each. Idk what is going on.

Fasti
08-16-2016, 04:17 PM
We're continuing to work on addressing the crashes. We released an update that should reduce crashing when terrain is damaged (like when using bombs) but will keep at it until we've got the crashes sorted out.

PPP
08-17-2016, 08:20 AM
Based on this week's gameplay, I can make a conclusion on the crash issues happening in my computer (I am on Windows 7).

On average, trove crashes every 15 minute while I am clearing dungeons in adventure portal. Sometimes it crashes when the pop up "DirectX out of memory" appears, sometimes due to intense lag, and sometimes due to unknown reason. Sometimes there will be 10 crashes in a row in 5 minutes. Also, the FPS will gradually drop from 25 FPS to 5 FPS (lowest possible settings) during my gameplay. At low FPS and before crashing, sometimes weird missing UI will appear (moving white strokes, which look like the enchantment effect of the game Minecraft, appear on top of the personal chest UI/marketplace UI etc, or some missing UI textures). The only way to boost my FPS back to 25FPS is to restart my computer. It took me around 2 hours to get to 5FPS again.

I have also tried to walk around in my club for 2 hours only to chat in channels, and strangely, there are no crashes, and no FPS drop (which is good).

I think that one of the reasons may be related to memory leak issues. Anyway, hope the devs consider this information while trying to fix the crash bugs / FPS lag bus. Thanks.

Shyne_7
08-17-2016, 08:29 AM
Same here. I'll keep sending reports, Next week's weekly update just for a good fixing crash and bugs please?

Fasti
08-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the added info. For anyone else still experiencing crashes, please let us know whatever info you can.

Yoshiinoo
08-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Im expieriencing crashesim a old player but i started a new one ;:d

pls fix this bug or something like that

PPP
08-21-2016, 08:26 AM
Crashes happen a bit less often after the recent update. However, there is still memory leaks while adventuring in adventure worlds (I open task manager while playing trove, and the RAM usage keeps on increasing). The crashes happen when the RAM usage is near maximum.

Memory leak debugging is a hard task, hope the devs can spot those and delete the unused pointers while returning a function.

TJSlipperman
08-21-2016, 09:33 AM
Most of the times I've crashed in the past couple weeks, I got a "DirectX Buffer Error - Device removed" error message. So I figure the new updates don't seem to be playing well with DirectX...

VanillaMeow
08-21-2016, 10:34 AM
Most of the times I've crashed in the past couple weeks, I got a "DirectX Buffer Error - Device removed" error message. So I figure the new updates don't seem to be playing well with DirectX...

Device Removed is caused by graphics card driver crash. Usually caused by overclocking. You may want to update your graphics card driver and see your overclocking settings. When you get this error, you will need to restart your PC to fully recover from the crash.

(I am not getting this error BTW)

TJSlipperman
08-21-2016, 10:59 AM
I switched the Graphics renderer to OpenGL and no longer experience the DirectX Buffer Error now.

Probably doesn't help the matter much that I've just recently switched to a new laptop that has certain hardware components that are apparently less powerful than the laptop before it that I played Trove on (Before, I had an HP Envy with an i7 processor and an NVIDIA graphics card, but it had all sorts of major hardware issues. Had to replace it with an ASUS with an i5 and only Integrated graphics...)

The_Iceman
08-25-2016, 03:16 AM
Fix...It....PLZ................................... .......

The_Iceman
08-25-2016, 03:18 AM
Crashes happen a bit less often after the recent update. However, there is still memory leaks while adventuring in adventure worlds (I open task manager while playing trove, and the RAM usage keeps on increasing). The crashes happen when the RAM usage is near maximum.

Memory leak debugging is a hard task, hope the devs can spot those and delete the unused pointers while returning a function.
Same here and PLZ fix it because now it is almost imposseble for people with 2GB RAM to play trove