PDA

View Full Version : Update 2 - Using portals taking longer than it should - July 4, 2016

Fasti
07-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Update 2 - Let's get right to it: we believe we have the fix in place for the issue we're talking about here (this fix was put in place just a short while ago).

So we can be on the same page, what feels like lag is actually something else. Each Monday a variety of factors worked together to cause new worlds to take a long time to start up. Because the worlds are slow to load this causes a few problems.

Players trying to use a portal are in a weird place between the current spot and the slowly starting up destination. Eventually the world loads and you zone in normally.
If you logged out in a Club World you may get stuck on logging into the game with the message LS: Received License Agreement.
Some players found that when they did get into a world they were on the wrong region based on what was selected in Glyph.

The fix in place should address all of those things. We're keeping an eye on this closely, but come Monday please let us know if you're still having trouble and we'll continue to iterate until we have it all fixed up.

================================================== =======================================

Hey all,

We're working to resolve the issue that prevents players from quickly entering new worlds through portals.

If you logged out in a Club World it may take a while to get into the game but please be patient and you should get in after a while.

When trying to enter a Club World or a Shadow Tower from anywhere else you may have a wait longer than normal but it also should zone you in.

Please bear with us.

Valyrian
07-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Can we get an update?

Fasti
07-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Can we get an update?

The issue appears to be with the length of time it takes for a new world to be created. We're digging into it to see if we can spot the root cause.

Calamara
07-11-2016, 04:29 AM
Same procedure as last Monday, the Monday before, the Monday before that Monday and the Monday before that one.

Pretty annoying.

Charay
07-11-2016, 07:06 AM
So when I finally loaded into the game, region said live-us, when I finally loaded into a world region said live-us. Yes I am suppose to be on the US server.